Honored Contributor

February 2020: Leapin' into the Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

I couldn't think of a clever title for the Bird's Nest thread this month Woman Very Happy  If you have any ideas, let me know and I will edit the title.

Welcome dear friends old and new to the Bird's Nest.

Swarovski Love Birds Couple Pink Heart, Figurine

Valentine's Figural Bird Female - Spritz , Red Valentine's Figural Bird Male - Spritz , Red

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: February 2020 Bird's Nest

The following February related posts were added by @possummink and are being carried over from January.

Goodbye January

Hello February Positive Quotes

Good Morning Happy Saturday Life Is Better When You Are SMiling cute smile good morning saturday god bless good morning saturday winter saturday quotes

Welcome February Pictures #february #februaryimages #februaryquotes #hello

Honored Contributor

hey all

not sure if i should have followed but here i am

not to much new here.

ultra thick heavy fog still socked in, been like this since we got up at 6am hour.

chores done, clothes in dryer, not much else guys.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're in the right place @viva923   I started including links to the new versions of the Bird's Nest about 2 years ago.  Depending on how folks set up their sorting order for the forums, I started losing people who couldn't find the thread.  I figured that if someone went to the old thread, they would see the link to the new thread.

The day started out sunny and I was so pleased.  I didn't know it was going to be short-lived.  Back to cloudy and gloomy skies, sigh.

I'm gald your husband has the weekend off.  He's gotta be tired with the hours he works.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

not sure if i should have followed but here i am

not to much new here.

ultra thick heavy fog still socked in, been like this since we got up at 6am hour.

chores done, clothes in dryer, not much else guys.

Today is the first day in several that we don't have fog!  The sun is actually out.  I haven't seen sun for at least a week.  We've had a mild winter (so far), but very cloudy and dreary.  Today and tomorrow are supposed to be nice and decently warm (60s), but then back to rain next week. 😕

Respected Contributor

I am ready to "leap" into February.Yesterday the sun was out and today it's snowing.Haven't had much snow here.My DH has only had to snow blow the driveway twice this winter.I sure hope we have a nice Spring.

Enjoy the week-end.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I couldn't think of a clever title for the Bird's Nest thread this month Woman Very Happy  If you have any ideas, let me know and I will edit the title.

Welcome dear friends old and new to the Bird's Nest.

Swarovski Love Birds Couple Pink Heart, Figurine

Valentine's Figural Bird Female - Spritz , Red Valentine's Figural Bird Male - Spritz , Red

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

Don't know if this belongs here, but years ago we had an elderly gentleman that used to write in our paper, he has passed, but he told about the Feburary song birds. If you notice you don't hear any birds singing in the winter. As strange as this may sound, but very true, this morning Feb. 1, I heard a bird singing. Made me smile, so he's not forgotten.

Honored Contributor

February 2020: Leapin' into the Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

Ding, ding, ding we have a winner @hellie jo   I'll update the name of the thread with a reference to leap year.

Thank you .

Honored Contributor

Re: February 2020: Leapin' into the Bird's Nest

hey all

not much here. Dh took me to kohls after dinner tonight. My feet were so cold at church tonight, i became super uncomfortable really could not concentrate. Anyway, dh got me some cuddle dud socks. And some William Sonoma heavy duty socks. I don't want cold feet again like what i experienced tonight at church.

watching a red Skelton movie waiting for wash to finish in the dryer and washer.

ok guys see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

Re: February 2020: Leapin' into the Bird's Nest

Oh, I can't take it when my feet are cold.  Once they get cold I start shivering all over.