Honored Contributor

Re: February 2020: Leapin' into the Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@possummink 

Love this bird!  Do you know what kind of bird it is?

Loved your photo of the snowflakes!  I knew that they had a shape to them but did not realize how beautiful they actually are.  Thanks for posting it.

@luvsbulldogs 

Luvs,   I am not sure what kind of Kingfisher this beauty is, but I think it might be a Pied Kingfisher ,  South Africa.   I am not sure where I found this picture but will try to trace it down and see if there's an identification of this bird.  

I am glad you are feeling better and on antibiotics.  Sure don't want pneumonia.   I am thinking of buying a couple of masks just in case.  Fingers crossed that the Corona virus doesn't make a widespread presence in this country.   I wish I'd thought of it today while I was out shopping.   After thought!!!  Need to stock up on a few other things,  as I saw that in Hawaii they are 'rationing' TP, already.    We shouldn't be so dependent on China for so many of our products, medications, etc.  

Have an awesome time at the party tomorrow..  Let us know how it goes!! 

I just checked on Pinterest and the little bird above is a Crested Kingfisher.   

Honored Contributor

10 Fun Facts About Leap Day

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs   I hope the surprise birthday party is a success today.  I'm excited for you and look forward to reading all about it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

Luvs wow seeing a nun without her habit on. all the years i was in school or even after i graduated never ever saw a nun habitless. I had the Noter dame nuns all you saw was their pinched faces in the black robes and huge rosary beads off the belt. high school was the franciscians. they were not as stringent. they did go with short veils(you got to see their hair) and short below knee caps dresses but it was the younger nuns who did this not the older nuns, the older ones stayed all pinched faced .

not much today. 

chores done

dh had to help out DD with taking 2 of the kids to a b-day party a 30 minute ride from the kids house (friends of family/school friends too)

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

This is a repeat of what I posted on the Bird's Nest

UPS delivered my Northern Nights hybrid mattress today.  There were straps of yellow tape that reminded me of crime scene tape on the box.  When I bent over to get the box off the porch I saw it was a warning that the box weighed more than 70 lbs.

I dragged the box in, pulled out the mattress, got the first layer of shrink wrap off and positioned the bed on the frame.  I heard a low hiss and looked around.  I muted the TV and it was still there.  When I bent down near the mattress it sounded like it was desperately trying to breathe Woman Very Happy

I took the little tool and slit the plastic and wow, it's just like they show on TV - that mattress inflated Woman Surprised

I'll give it at least 4 hours (even though they say it's good in 3) before I dress the bed.

I'll admit that I cheated about 5 minutes ago and I laid across the bed.  Wow, did it feel good.

Honored Contributor

If you want to post about March or welcoming the new month, I set up the Bird's Nest a little earlier than usual. 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Birds-Nest-Marchin-into-Spring/m-p/6064673#M384956