as usual, busy doing chores,

folded huge load of laundry

not much else.

very cold today but sun is brightly shining

ok later guys

Trusted Contributor

Re: February 2020 Back Fence: Where the Heart Is

[ Edited ]

I hesitated posting as there is nothing going on here. Cool but sunny. Got a new living room chair last week. Nice and overstuffed,so comfy you can actually fall asleep in it. This morning I sprayed it with scotch guard,even tho it's just me and hubby I like to keep it clean for as long as possible. Will give it another spray before going to bed. 
leftovers for dinner,tomorrow I think I'll put beef stew in the crockpot to cook. Got a new cookbook. It's just recipes for two people. I like to cook and am always looking for new recipes. I have two huge loose leaf binders filled with my favorite recipes. My daughter borrowed the cookbook,this is a girl who cooks only because they have to eat😁, even she liked the book. I have a very long list of recipes to try. 
hope you all are staying warm and not getting too much snow. Looked out my kitchen window yesterday and my Lenten roses are blooming already. I guess spring is almost here,Horray 👏 🌹🌸🌺🌻🌞

Honored Contributor

You have lots going on @Epicurean 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

not really much tonight.

doing wash. Waiting for clothes to dry so i can get load 2 folded.

lazy kind of day for me. Nothing new for me today.

ok guys see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

I had a nice visit with my sister yesterday.  I knew she would never guess what her valentine's day present was.... she flipped out and was so happy with the speakers that I bought her for her desktop.  

We went to a local Coney Island for breakfast and it was really good.  You get the best breakfast at a Coney Island - the servings are generous, the food is cooked the way you want it and it's really affordable.

We putzed around at a Target and I picked up some bath salts, peanuts on sale (for the squirrels)  and some renuzit air fresheners, lol.

Respected Contributor

Right now it's sunny at my part of the fence.Just hanging out here.It is a day to do some reading,watch tv and play on the computer.Hope everyone has a nice day.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Birdmama,it's so nice that you and your sister get together so often. I had two older sisters,and we lived far apart after marrying. Then they both died from complications from breast cancer. I have lived tto be older than my mom and sisters when they passed away.

got my stew cooking and made apple Betty for dessert. I rarely make desserts for the two f us. I did make hubby some Crem brûlée when he came home from the hospital as he loves it so. 
guess I'll join hellie today and read and fool with my I pad.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean  She's all I got left of my immediate family.  By immediate I mean parents and siblings.  She's still working so we talk on the phone Mon thru Fri and I feel like I work there too Woman Wink  We touch base at least once during the weekend.  

The dessert sounds good.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today.

odd/ends were done today. Dh goes back to work tomorrow 50 hour work week for this week. His 3 days off is just way to short.

not much else guys, see all tomorrow

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,thought of you while eating dessert. Was really good,had a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top,yummy.

viva,trying not to be nosy,but does your hubby's job keep him away from home while he works for 50 hours. If so,it's a hard thing for both I'm sure.