Trusted Contributor

Re: February 2020 Back Fence: Where the Heart Is

[ Edited ]

Sorry Birdmama mbut my reply to you did t work. I could send the info from hubby email or you could just go to this site. You'll know what it's about. http://www.marines.mil/clwater/

so,guess his illness was from the drinking water...😢

Honored Contributor

Did you receive the email that I sent to you last night @Epicurean ?  I know you are having a hard time sending me email and I just want to make sure that mine went through to you with no problem.

I read about the study that was published in 2018.  If he was stationed there then the water probably contributed.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here

check in since i was clearing emails and facebook stuff.

still raining. had to change into warm clothes when i gothome, was soaked from knees down.

ok guys will try to check in later.

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama, got your email,couldn't even reply.  He was there  for  months. He has paperwork for the surgeon to fill out
I will emai. You from my hubby's mail. It's his  initials W/ last name. 
he can go to VA dr.,but dosent want to. They will pay for out of pocket expenses,and will receive a monthly check. It won't be much as it is based on disability. My worry is if something else develops from the exposure. Wow! Inlist to serve your country and this is the result 😝

Honored Contributor

Hey all

not much tonight.

just saying good night. Still raining. Later all

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   I'm starting to get paranoid about my email Woman Very Happy  Did you send me something yesterday?  I got nothing with a W and last name that I can remember and I even checked the spam folder.

I'm leaving some Big Apple bagels to nibble on.  

Image result for big apple bagels box

Honored Contributor

Woman Very Happy  I just got off the phone with my doctor's office.  I was checking my account with bcbsm to make sure my dental/vision premium payment went through for March and I thought, hey check your EOBs.  They changed their policy a few years ago that the only time they mail you an EOB is if they reject a claim.

So I see the doctor visit from January of this year and I see the contract charges are $204.  I thought to myself, wow his office visit charges went up in the last year, man am I blessed that I have health insurance. 

I clicked on the claim line item and saw that the office billed an office visit and a fecal occult test.  I didn't have a fecal occult test. 

The approved amount for the fecal occult was low (I think around $15) and I wrestled with my conscience about it for 15 minutes until I cracked and called the office.

I spoke with the billing lady and said I have a concern about something billed to my insurance company.  She quoted the office visit and fecal occult and I said, bingo it's the fecal occult - it never happened.

She says, well let me check.  I said check all you want I was there and never took pants off Woman LOL  She said sometimes these things get billed.  I said oh really whether they happened or not? 

That's when she said she would refund the money to the insurance company and I said, great, I'll be monitoring my claims activity online and watching for the credit.

I like my doctor, I really do.  Catholic guilt is stronger than my affection for my doctor and once I saw the error I had to say something.  Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,I did  not send you a email. I meant if I send you one I would use hubby's. Sorry,I  the W meant "with" 

hope I get this darn problem solved soon

Honored Contributor

hey all

still raining, day 2 of this mess. the ground is a squishy muddy mess.

chores done,

walk in

not much else

will check in later.

Honored Contributor

hey all

just a check in to see what was going on.

not to much going on. Watching t.v. And seeing what was going on forum

dinner time is in a few minutes. Just turkey salad dh made it fresh.

got 2nd walk in. Will try to check in later.