Honored Contributor

February 2020 Back Fence: Where the Heart Is

Welcome old friends and new to the Back Fence for February 2020.  

Image result for valentines day fence decorations"

Image result for valentines day fence decorations"

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: February 2020 Back Fence: Where the Heart Is

So, according to the groundhog Phil, we're in for an early Spring.  I didn't watch them pull him out of the faux log so I don't know if it was cloudy that morning or not.

Honestly we've had a bizarre winter here in Michigan.  It's like winter never really set in for a complete season.  We've had unseasonably warm spells and just a few snowfalls.

I'm leaving a box of donuts to nibble on.  Yea I know there is no nutritional value in them; sometimes you just want something sweet to eat.

Image result for dunkin box of assorted donuts"

There's a carafe of hot coffee and a carafe of hot water if you want tea.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

So, according to the groundhog Phil, we're in for an early Spring.  I didn't watch them pull him out of the faux log so I don't know if it was cloudy that morning or not.

Honestly we've had a bizarre winter here in Michigan.  It's like winter never really set in for a complete season.  We've had unseasonably warm spells and just a few snowfalls.

I'm leaving a box of donuts to nibble on.  Yea I know there is no nutritional value in them; sometimes you just want something sweet to eat.

Image result for dunkin box of assorted donuts"

There's a carafe of hot coffee and a carafe of hot water if you want tea.

I'll take one of those chocolate with chocolate frosting delights!😋

Respected Contributor

I thought I had better get here to the fence before the snow storm gets here.Who knows if or how much snow we will get here.I'm ready to see some snow!

@Bird mama  Thank you so much for the donuts.mmm mmm good!

Honored Contributor

hey all

busy day for me,

running around,

2 walks,

ran errand with dh. dh is home wed/thurs he works 3 day weekend

rainy and very damp=chilly today

ok guys later.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette  DONUTS! My favorite food, thanks! The chocolate filled looks good. Krispy Kreme YUM!

Respected Contributor

It did snow yesterday evening and we got 4 inches.Looks like winter now.Stay warm all.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning @hellie jo   So far here in Macomb County I would say that we got a dusting.  For me a dusting is anything under 2 inches.  The patio was easy to shovel (my birds and squirrels arrived early).  I think we might get another inch or so by the end of the day.

Honored Contributor

hey all

a very damp miserable day for us here. it is wet,rainy-misty type rain looks like fog.

semi busy today, dh did grocery shop, chores are done, walk is in.

not to much else going on. will check in later

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My great grandson Davey graduated yesterday. Unreal!! A long difficult struggle but I give him all the credit - he took off from school last Spring and decided to forget it all. Couple months before graduation. Grrr. He was told he should get his diploma but I was NOT going to help him any more. He went to the school by himself, did NOT tell or ask for any help and talked to them - they took him back. Yeah for sure. He and two others graduated yesterday and in June they will walk with the full class - which is not many as this is a school of very few students but they work miracles. Am so proud of him

Also have been very worried about my 5 year old great great granddaughter who lives in Idaho She has had a few serious problems with her health. A few have been no butt, legs melded together and one kidney only which was not good. She had her legs operated on and finally walked about 3 or so - has had number other things attended to but this replacement should be a life saver.

I am now exhausted just with the worry and stress. Am so very proud of both Bayleigh and Davey.   There are pictures on my FB thread but I rarely see many there - my name is Winifred Higgins if any want to try and check them out.

Just finished wrapping - hard to do these days - BD gifts for my Ricky, great great grand who was moved to Denver a bit over a year ago. Hard to believe, he turns 6 on the 15th - the time sure goes by quickly.

Hope all had a great day.