Respected Contributor

Re: February 2018 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

Got the feeders filled back up late Saturday and Davey hung the two that always give me trouble. That has become one of his new chores as I am afraid now I will fall. Times are a changing. Need to check today however to make sure there is still food out there - suppose to not even hit 60 day and 75 percent chance of rain - what a combo. Suspect they are not completely empty as the birds just are not here much. Even the crows have disappeared on us - do see a couple here and there however.

Not many people out and about yesterday - tried to figure out why as even our little one block long street was calm. LOL. It rarely sees a lot of activity but the kids sometimes can drive you nuts on their bikes as it sets dogs to barking. Makes sense to me.

Will keep checking outside to see if I should take Davey to school - he is coughing a lot - well he sits in that bedroom or lays down with windows WIDE OPEN even at nighttime. Been telling him to stop it but does he listen. Nope. My primary concern right now however is it may be raining out there - so far do not think so but his bus trips to get to school take a while and three times he is standing waiting for the bus - not long waits at all but if it is raining and chilly, do not think that would be helpful. Some times I would not be able to do it but this morning I could if need be.

Have a great day one and all.

WEll I DID check the feeders - can you believe empty? I sure got fooled but they are all filled again now. Sigh

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  Hope all is well. Smiley Happy

Did you say that your tea kettle whistled very loudly?  I bought a Wolfgang Puck kettle during his recent event, but tried it today and it only whistled once, and it was a measly soft whistle, then read the paper which said it doesn't always whistle, which is very different from what was said during the presentations, so back it goes as I need one that will call me from another room, lol.

Honored Contributor

Wallace

Honored Contributor

First haircut! Star Trek collar as well. http://www.macduffthescottie.com/

Honored Contributor

Mousie,  I hadn't thought about whistling teakettles in years, till I read your post.   I've bought some pretty kettles, but they don't whistle.   Weird how one can forget some things that were so common.  Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Darrell Bush Winter Colors

Honored Contributor

985 Likes, 11 Comments - Teri Pringle Wood (@teri_pringle_wood) on Instagram: “#gingerbread #keepsakegifts #giftforher #Valentine's #valentinecookies❤️ #decoratedcookies…”

Honored Contributor

Spring meeting

Respected Contributor

McDuff the Scottie is indeed handsome. I continue to wonder how Conrad got the name Conrad because it sure is not Scottish at all is it. He was 5 when he came to me, asked the YAPS if they knew as they appeared to have all his paperwork about him - they had full records of his shots, etc but never gave me a reason. Often wondered if someone passed away and he had no place to go or exactly why he wound up where he did. Never mind however as it turned out to be my lucky day he was there. Still smile when I think of them calling me. I had just lost Bailey, my marvelous Cocker - he made it to 15 and also a rescue. They called me telling me they had a perfect dog for me, had no intention of going to check him out but I did and guess what. He was still quarantined but I brought him home 5 days later - never forgotten that. They still talk about him there also - I believe he was - and still is - the only Scottie they have ever had.

I need to shut my mouth now - NO MORE 80 degree days I guess - for a while that is. Am freezing sitting here - 37 outside and rain predicted. I am currently a mountain of blankets - this house has a wall heater - takes a bit to heat up - hopefully it eventually will - times like this I wish there was central heating here so it would warm up quickly! My parents were always "going to" put in central heating/cooling but never did. Me and the house are too old to do that now - and the cost????

Have a great day - hope the birdies did not eat up all their freshly filled feeders yesterday. LOL

Respected Contributor

Forgot to mention that I use my Mother's tea kettle and boy howdy it DOES whistle. Do not know the brand but it is obviously stainless steel - a good one.