Honored Contributor

Re: February 2018 Bird's Nest

@luvsbulldogs  Congratulations on the move Woman Very Happy Now you can take your time to settle in.  As of today 30 days to go and I will be retired.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I don't know about you, butt dis time change always throws me off my schedule. Wags, Ranger

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I'm at a loss for words. Seriously. Piggies in pajamas. Wow.

Hi Luvs,   Glad you are settling into your new home.   I sure don't envy all the packing and now unpacking you have had to do.  I would love to be rich enough to just move into a new home with all of the furnishings, clothing, linens, panty items already there for me to just start using.  Of course that's fantasy for me.  I don't know if anyone does that type of thing. 

You are right about my not liking the warm temperatures here.  Friday might bring an end to the 80ies though.   A front is supposed to make it down this far and highs may be in the 70ies.  I'd rather they were in the 40ies.   I know I sound like a loon, but I like the lows in the teens and highs in the mid to  upper 20ies.   I thrive on cold temperatures, feel more alive.  I also feel the same about rainy days.   Not a sun lover any more.

Do you or will you be feeding birds at your new home?   Any woods or natural cover for wildllife there.  If I'm being too nosy just let me know.  I liked hearing about your pond, piebald deer, turkeys, etc.  at your other home.    I hope you take it easy and don't over do with the unpacking. Take good care and WELCOME HOME!!!! Heart

Respected Contributor

@Bird mamawrote:

@luvsbulldogs  Congratulations on the move Woman Very Happy Now you can take your time to settle in.  As of today 30 days to go and I will be retired.

@Bird mama

Thanks birdmama!!!  We are taking our time settling in but progressing rather well.  Today we did the dining room and yesterday the office.  I love that most all of our furniture fit in this house.  We had the basement finished on one side and the other side is where all the boxes are.  We bought shelving and will be storing stuff there.  I hope to be able to go through the boxes again and purge some more. 

WOW.....30 more days and you will be as free as a bird!!!

Respected Contributor

@possummink

Ahhhh,,,,the piggies are so cute!!!  Thanks for posting them!

I am with you about the low temperatures and feeling alive!!!  I love the winter clothing much better than summer clothing.  Nice and warm and cozy!!!  I love a good fire on a cold winters night!!!  I too am not a fan of the sun anymore.  I like rainy days also!!! 

I love your fantasy about moving and having it all ready and waiting for you.  Can't even imagine what that would cost but it sure would be nice!!!

I have to admit that I love the decorating part of it.  

I hope that it cools down there a bit for you!  We might be getting a snow storm this Friday,,,,they are not sure just yet if it will reach us.  

Have a great rest of the night! 

Honored Contributor

Bernie,   I know you are too young and too busy to use the above chair, but when you retire, you can take breaks, sit under the pine, have time to enjoy all of your birds and critters, read and just mellow under the shade in your back yard.  

Your feathered babies will be so glad to have you with them more.  I'm glad you are going to have this freedom and wonderful retirement.  

Honored Contributor

Happy Wednesday!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@possummink   I don't consider myself a spring chicken at nearly 56, lol.  I know it's all relative Woman Very Happy

I'm a homebody and am looking forward to being able to do yard work at any time.  If the forecast calls for rain on the weekend, I'll cut the grass on Friday, lol.

There is much in my house that I need to do.  I want to wash walls.  I need to patch a few spots in drywall that I caused when I removed the old drapery rods over the large bay window and installed a new one.  Right now the room darkening drapes hide the holes, but I know they are there Woman LOL

I have a stand alone freezer that is full of concrete because my husband thought it was a good idea to pour concrete in it and install his small gun safe.  Not a bad idea when I think of it, except he left the freezer in the smaller furnace room and I can't move the thing full of concrete and I need a new furnace.  Of course, he didn't discuss it with me before hand and called me from work one afternoon when the thing was already half full, sigh.

I may not be holding down a full time job, however my Bernie do list is pretty long.....

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good morning, family and friends. I love you.