Trusted Contributor

Re: February 2016 - Back Fence

Thanks Bernie,your right bathrooms are deadly.i will see my Dr. Tomorrow if necessary,won't be more stupid.

sorry,but I had to laugh at your grab bar comment. We have them in the master bath,LOL!!!! We put them in just before my knee replacement.

of course I always worried about falling getting out.i always do things the hard way I guess....

Trusted Contributor

Bernie,just in case your interested, Jen posted a new video, "Killing Me Softly". 

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean

Going over to check it out.  I grew up loving that song, especially as sung by Roberta Flack :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Epicurean

She did a beautiful job :-)

Trusted Contributor

thank you. I have to agree with you,LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

Well my back fence friends I am back to work.  I'm grateful for the job and don't want to wish my life away but retirement looks so good to me, lol.

It's sunny and supposed to be in the 40's today.  I'm not sure what type of snow event we are going to get tomorrow.  Apparently we could get anywhere from 4 inches to 8 inches of snow some time between Wednesday afternoon/evening and Thursday afternoon.

I can take my work laptop home with me, but my leadership (notice I didn't say the entire company) has a policy of not allowing folks to work from home.  I'm at the point in my worklife that if you expect me to take a vacation day because I don't feel like killing myself in 8 inches of snow, then I will vacate.  Can't have it both ways - me take a vacation and still work on the company computer from home.

We'll see how it goes.  

Contributor

Hi everyone.  A bautiful sunny day today but chilly.  We did erarnds in the morning and then burned debris in the afternoon.  Ron keeps raking up fir and cedar debris.  I think we will be burning for days yet. We had hot dogs by the fire and also some coleslaw. Yummy but I figured the calories for a hot dog and bun and ouch.Too high. We sterilized the tines on our hay fork and use it for our hot dog stick.  The handle is long enough that we can get far enough away from the fire. Ron is manic right now and today started as a bad day but he calmed later in the day.  Boy it is hard to live with him when he is manic. 

I hope this finds you all well.  

For you readers I just read a fun book about a crumudgen. Book is called "A Man Called Ove"  Now I am reading another book by the same author called "My Grandmother wanted me to tell you she is sorry"  I am not so sure on this one. 

Tomorrow we deliver meals on wheels and then probably burn in the afternoon.  Have to take advantage of the good weather.

I am leaving some cocoa and apple twists at the fence.  Enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

We are under the weather advisory too. Looks like we will get 3-4 inches.    Just to the EAst of us will get up to 8 inches of snow.   We had dermatology appointments this morning and just as we parked the car, sleet started.  Strange weather.   Supposed to be warmer  this weekend.  

Meuw, I couldn't get into that second book either.  I thought maybe I'd go back to it later but so far it hasn't called out to me.  Ove was so satisfying it will stay with me for awhile

Honored Contributor

@yock

Betty, I drove through freezing rain, snow then sleet on the way to work.  One of the fascinating things about Michigan weather, travel 20-25 miles and you can go through three weather patterns, lol.

Hope this turns to just snow.  Freezing rain takes town power lines :-(

Respected Contributor

We had 2 passings of the snow, none amounted to much, so we got lucky, stayed south of us, but apparently still hit Michigan, by @Bird mama, that rain mixed with snow is really bad news, hope your trip home went ok.