Regular Contributor

Re: February 2016 - Back Fence

[ Edited ]

Must be the week of falls! Epi and Bernie, hope you're both OK. Jim fell again Wednesday trying to help me open the castle like door to another one of my doctor's office. He stubbed his toe on the curb of the ramp leading up to the sidewalk and down he went. A kind lady went inside to get help and several came to his aid and a kind man walked up behind him and lifted him up. Where he came from I have no clue, but was so thankful he saw him fall. He then walked Jim to our vehicle and helped him in while I went inside the office still upset, so much so that I could hardly respond to the doctor's questions and when I explained my emotional state, she could not have cared less which didn't further endear her to me. She'd already ticked me off when I tried to ask her a question and she totally blew me off. So.......will I continue to use this rude, insensitive doctor or shall I look elsewhere?  I will say this, she's a snappy dresser so apparently there are many who have the ability to ignore her unpleasant personality. Understand, I wasn't seeking another friend, simply a professional who could diagnose and solve a problem and with whom I could ask questions without being treated as though I was not worthy of an answer.

Ok, enough of that.

Freddie, so sorry you're not feeling well; hope you've been to Urgent Care by now and have begun medication.

By the way, Jim is still in pain from his most recent fall, but I couldn't get him to get an X-ray as he said if he had broken ribs all they'd do was tape or wrap him and he decided he could do that himself.

All of you ladies in bad wearther be very careful.

Happy Friday all! Sue

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, warm & sunny today, more of same tomorrow, but then turning cooler again, up & down, but I'll take the up's @Winifred hope you're feeling better, please take care Have a pot roast in the slow cooker so suppers like a done deal, sure makes things easy, just boil up some noodles & a salad. Have some leftover (store bought) apple turnovers will leave by the back fence along with some hot coffee, see you there
Honored Contributor

@Queenofo2

Sweetie I haven't fallen, at least not yet.  It was Epi, breakdancing in the bathroom (wink).

I am really sorry Jim fell down again. 

I'm not a good one to ask about doctors as I cannot stand them.  Well, I can tolerate the ob/gyn who treats me head to toe only because I remember when he was brought into the practice when I was being treated by one of the original members of the practice.  My current doctor was my former doctor's  (who has since retired and died)  protegee.

I don't care for my endocrinologist but God is good - I only have to see that one once per year.  She's one of those who doesn't ask how you feel as long as she gets the TSH, T3 and T4 blood test scores in the range she wants to see.  Which is why she had no idea I stopped taking Synthroid first thing in the morning and take it right before bed instead over 18 months ago.

I feel like me, she gets the blood test scores she wants to see so we both win, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

OK people, enough of the falls. I cannot imagine why I have not fallen as I stay dizzy most of the time - no snide remarks please - but that is true. I use to fall off ladders, etc often but for some reason - thank you God - I could turn in the air and land without breaking my fool neck. Weird!!!

Nice weather here today - got a lot done which is a novelty for me. Took the time to go and visit with my daughter's best buddy and her husband - that was nice - they live nearby. Do not think Patty is well and I could not get her to say - Another"kid" to worry about.

Hope all had a great day!!

Contributor

Gosh you gals and Jim. Let's quit falling.  Ron has been dizzy and told me he fell but no injuries. It seems falling is more prevlent as we get older.  

Pork spareribs are in the oven and fresh applesauce is made.  Ron and our son just went to the dump so we should be all clean.

We had a couple of nice days this week so Thursday I weeded around the pond and planted some crocus and hiacynths.  I had planted lettuce earlier and it is coming up.  I think I will plant some radishes too. 

This week I think will turn into dr. week.  Ron needs to see his dr about his meds and also a dr. about his dizziness. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the hand dr.  I don't know her plan but I have decided not to have surgery on my thumb until it really hurts as I would be laid up for 3 months. She says I don't have good movement in my thumb but I think it is pretty good.  I am just not ready for another surgery.

I need to make some hummingbird sugar and they will be appearing any day now.  I may put up a feeder early as I just have a feeling they are lurking about.

Tomorrow morning it is to the sheriff office and see what crazies will surface.  I can't believe the thinking of some people.  Well off to see what the guys are up to.

Honored Contributor

I agree Meuw - let's make a resolution for the month of March to do our best to stay upright.

The downsizing at my company has now hit my floor/department.  We are losing a clerk position and the lady who is in that position will be laid off in 2 weeks or so.  She is union and doesn't have enough senriority to bump anyone and there are no open positions in her job classification.  Sad :-(

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jim and I celebrated our 53rd wedding anniversary on the 23rd and had a lovely day remembering that special day so many years ago.... seems like yesterday to both of us and we're thankful to have had our life together.

I've been enjoying looking at my belated Christmas present all afternoon. French doors with air vents on each side is something I've wanted for years and now they're a reality in our den! Yippee!

Bernie, I'm so sorry to hear of your co-worker who is about to lose her job. I so hope something comes up quickly for her.  I'm happy to hear that you didn't fall!

Epi, how're you doing after your fall? By the way, I finally figured out why I never received your somewhat recent e mail......I no longer use that address. So sorry I didn't remember that.

meuw, anything exciting happen today at the Sheriff's dept? Sounds like a good location for a reality show from things you've mentioned.. Hope Ron didn't suffer any longlasting injuries from his fall.

Betty, Merle made a wise decision staying home during your bad weather. How's your cousin doing?

Yum, Spix, that pot roast sounded delish! It's always interesting to me to see the pairing of various foods in different parts of the country. We usually serve potatoes with pot roast in these parts, but noodles sound good and I think I may try that the next time I have a roast.

Freddie, please tell me you're feeling better. I think you're overdoing it trying to take care of everybody and all those critters rather than yourself.

Happy Monday all! Sue 

Honored Contributor

Here is the link to the March Back Fence thread

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/March-2016-Back-Fence/td-p/2590213