Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite Souvenir/Vacation Purchase

I also have been purchasing a Christmas Ornament from each country visited. On of my favorite pieces is a Nativity set made in Spain. I bought in a shop near the Cathedral  De Pilar in Barcelona.  The young clerk was so sweet and took my arm walking around the shop and I tried to tell her in limited Spanish what I was looking for. I have a German votive with a church in a Winter scene out all Winter. I love Christmas Markets but one has to look closely as they also sell stuff made in China! I love the German Christmas ornaments.

Honored Contributor

@patbz Could you post a picture of the daggar?  It sounds SO interesting!

Trusted Contributor

@wilma  Thank you for this thread.  It is truly a welcome and cheerful break from all the reality we are all living with now.  I have enjoyed this very much.

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

@wilma  Thank you for this thread.  It is truly a welcome and cheerful break from all the reality we are all living with now.  I have enjoyed this very much.

@nova 

You’re welcome! 

Trying to think of things we can talk about that make us smile. That’s why I started this thread & the favorite toy thread. When this is finally over we’ll all get back out there and make some more happy memories! 🌈 

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

New York Rangers Jacket/Sweatshirts/Bath Towels/Jerseys/hats and so much more. Was a trip, never been on what I consider "a vacation". They are a National Hockey League Team, just in case you aren't into sports.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Mine is a quilt I found in a New Smyrna gift shop in Florida. Love it an it was on sale. There was also a home made jewelry store my sister in law and I went to. Found some unusual pieces. We still have them. New Smyrna beaches were beautiful. Good thing we drove down that year. The trunk was full. Nice memories. Thanks 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@wilma 

New York Rangers Jacket/Sweatshirts/Bath Towels/Jerseys/hats and so much more. Was a trip, never been on what I consider "a vacation". They are a National Hockey League Team, just in case you aren't into sports.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut 

We’re definitely sports people. Everyone in my family has some kind of sports memorabilia and team clothing. We were really disappointed with the cancellation of NCAA basketball, MLB, NBA, the Masters, etc. Hoping that NFL & college football will be played this fall.