Honored Contributor

@Zaimee Did you have this too?  O loved it!

See the source image

See the source image

I have the red and white strapless dress, never got the rest.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop -

Trees were some of my best friends that I climbed to the top esp when sad.

Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens: Enjoy Fall at the Bellagio Gardens Bellagio Conservatory, Tree Faces, Tree Carving, All Nature, Autumn Trees, Autumn Fall, Autumn Leaves, Tree Art, Land Art

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

My favorite was my Easy Bake Oven! I felt like such a big girl when I would invite my friends over and "cook" for them with the play pots, pans and dishes I got to go along with it. 

To say I was excited is an understatement. I was elated then, and have a big smile on my face as we share these warm memories now.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles I had one of the original plug in stoves before safety features.  I plugged it in one day and a few minutes later plopped my hand down on the eyes (I was about 6) and promptly removed the skin from my palm!  Boy!  It hurt!  I have no idea what I had planned when I began!

@ECBG  WOW! That's awful! It's really unfortunate that children were harmed before they understood that children's products should ALWAYS have safety guidelines. I hope your hand was not permanently damaged.🙁 SMH

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Thank you!  I pulled it up really fast!  It IS amazing I did have finger prints when I grew up and realized!!!!!Smiley Happy

This why I hate cooking today!!  Much too dangerous to say the least.   Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@BunSnoop wrote:

Mine was a sock monkey.  His name was Bozey.  My grandmother worked with a woman that made these monkeys.  I loved mine so much that it started to get very worn out so grandma got another one for me years later.   This brought back good memories of the good old days!

"How to Make the Original Rockford Red Heel  Sock Monkey" Book

@BunSnoop 

How interesting that your grandmother worked with someone who made these! 

My brother had a sock monkey. I remember it being very soft. 

Sorry, but too creepy.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Zaimee Did you have this too?  O loved it!

See the source image

See the source image

I have the red and white strapless dress, never got the rest.

I had the gold lame dress and the red velvet top/white satin skirt with the gold belt.  My Barbie came with the strapless black and white bathing suit.  I gave a lot of the clothes to my daughter for her Barbie.

Esteemed Contributor

20191005_105731.jpg

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

My favorite was my Easy Bake Oven! I felt like such a big girl when I would invite my friends over and "cook" for them with the play pots, pans and dishes I got to go along with it. 

To say I was excited is an understatement. I was elated then, and have a big smile on my face as we share these warm memories now.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles I had one of the original plug in stoves before safety features.  I plugged it in one day and a few minutes later plopped my hand down on the eyes (I was about 6) and promptly removed the skin from my palm!  Boy!  It hurt!  I have no idea what I had planned when I began!

@ECBG  WOW! That's awful! It's really unfortunate that children were harmed before they understood that children's products should ALWAYS have safety guidelines. I hope your hand was not permanently damaged.🙁 SMH

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Thank you!  I pulled it up really fast!  It IS amazing I did have finger prints when I grew up and realized!!!!!Smiley Happy

This why I hate cooking today!!  Much too dangerous to say the least.   Woman Wink

@tends2dogs Actually, not if you know what you're doing!Smiley Happy  I ended up teaching beginning chefs in a few of my courses since they couldn't let me teach design all day.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs I remember that Barbie case!  I had totally forgotten about it!

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@BunSnoop wrote:

Mine was a sock monkey.  His name was Bozey.  My grandmother worked with a woman that made these monkeys.  I loved mine so much that it started to get very worn out so grandma got another one for me years later.   This brought back good memories of the good old days!

@BunSnoop 

Sorry, but too creepy.  

I'm with you there!  I think I learned in therapy why sock monkeys freak me out (and I am NOT exaggerating!  They fully freak me out).   Just seeing one puts me into a tizzy.    I could tell ya stories!  Smiley Very Happy

Dolls and clowns both creep  me out so I never did any of that either.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@BunSnoop wrote:

@BunSnoop 

Sorry, but too creepy.  

I'm with you there!  I think I learned in therapy why sock monkeys freak me out (and I am NOT exaggerating!  They fully freak me out).   Just seeing one puts me into a tizzy.    I could tell ya stories!  Smiley Very Happy

Dolls and clowns both creep  me out so I never did any of that either.

@chickenbutt   Also Charlie McCarthy and Howdie Doody!