Trusted Contributor

Re: Favorite Childhood Toy

[ Edited ]

Mine was a sock monkey.  His name was Bozey.  My grandmother worked with a woman that made these monkeys.  I loved mine so much that it started to get very worn out so grandma got another one for me years later.   This brought back good memories of the good old days!

"How to Make the Original Rockford Red Heel  Sock Monkey" Book

Trusted Contributor

Vintage Mattel Mrs. Beasley Doll 1967 From TV Show "Family Affair ...

My Mrs. Beasley doll.  I got her for my 6th birthday and still have her!  She's almost 20 now!!! LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My newborn Thumbelina doll. She had a big plastic knob on her back that you wound up and she moved her arms and legs like a newborn baby. I still have her.

Honored Contributor

My Ginny doll who came with a ‘wardrobe’ (a closet) filled with clothes and accessories.

Honored Contributor

My 18" Madam Alexander doll "Nancy" for whom my mom made a ton of beautiful clothes.

Being horse crazy, I would have loved that horse and rider set.  Never saw that one.  I now have a "Big Girl" collection of about 30 horses from "The Trail of the Painted Ponies" collection.  I never got over it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

My favorite was my Easy Bake Oven! I felt like such a big girl when I would invite my friends over and "cook" for them with the play pots, pans and dishes I got to go along with it. 

To say I was excited is an understatement. I was elated then, and have a big smile on my face as we share these warm memories now.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles I had one of the original plug in stoves before safety features.  I plugged it in one day and a few minutes later plopped my hand down on the eyes (I was about 6) and promptly removed the skin from my palm!  Boy!  It hurt!  I have no idea what I had planned when I began!

Respected Contributor

For me it was my doll house.

Respected Contributor

I loved my pogo stick.  I lived on that thing!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

My favorite was my Easy Bake Oven! I felt like such a big girl when I would invite my friends over and "cook" for them with the play pots, pans and dishes I got to go along with it. 

To say I was excited is an understatement. I was elated then, and have a big smile on my face as we share these warm memories now.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles I had one of the original plug in stoves before safety features.  I plugged it in one day and a few minutes later plopped my hand down on the eyes (I was about 6) and promptly removed the skin from my palm!  Boy!  It hurt!  I have no idea what I had planned when I began!

@ECBG  WOW! That's awful! It's really unfortunate that children were harmed before they understood that children's products should ALWAYS have safety guidelines. I hope your hand was not permanently damaged.🙁 SMH

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@ECBG  WOW! That's awful! It's really unfortunate that children were harmed before they understood that children's products should ALWAYS have safety guidelines. I hope your hand was not permanently damaged.🙁 SMH

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Thank you!  I pulled it up really fast!  It IS amazing I did have finger prints when I grew up and realized!!!!!Smiley Happy