Honored Contributor

I loved my stuffed animals so much but, because I loved them, she made them disappear.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Favorite Childhood Toy

[ Edited ]

Roller Skates! (The kind with a key.) Not sure if they are considered a "toy."

Respected Contributor

Oh, my, I haven't thought of Josie the cow girl in years!  Thanks for the memory!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I don't remember how old I was but I received a battery operated car,I would say prior to 1960. I drove it all over inside the house. It could carry up to 75 lbs.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved my Sparkle Plenty doll; I loved her smell!  Eventually I wore out three of them.  They weren't very sturdy (composite face and soft rubber body) from early fifties, never even seen one in reasonable shape on Ebay.

Frequent Contributor

I loved my dolls. I had a Tiny Tears, a Betsy Wetsy and Poor Pitiful Pearl! Also a walking doll (thats what they called them).

Honored Contributor

Blonde Ponytail Barbie!

See the source image

I had a weekly allowance and saved it.  Almost every weekend I'd go down town to see my favorite grandmother where that side of our family had a large shoe store.  As I became older and responsible, young for today's standards, I was allowed to go around to the other stores and look.  All of the shop owners new each other.  

I'd go to the toy store and get her clothes.  I still have all of it, but I no longer have her sports car.Smiley Sad  I took it into the sand pile!!!

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite was my Easy Bake Oven! I felt like such a big girl when I would invite my friends over and "cook" for them with the play pots, pans and dishes I got to go along with it. 

To say I was excited is an understatement. I was elated then, and have a big smile on my face as we share these warm memories now.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@lil spot The ballerina doll was my favorite also. I just loved her. I wore her out. My dad couldn't keep up on the batteries. 

Trusted Contributor

My Italian Barbie, because she looked like me!