Valued Contributor

Faith, love and bright red lipstick....

You might know about faith and love but red lipstick? Follow me....

This past week  I think we all have watched the aftermath of the  storm.If like me i heard many stories of hope, declarations of faith,  and love. These things kept sticking in my head,  The human soul is so richly endowed with these gifts.I know this first hand as well.Let me tell you about my angel,5 ft tall 100lbs and her ever present red lipstick.

While I had been sick for many weeks the worst was happening ,my liver was failing ,  nothing could he done,this was going to end all the fighting  and surviving many very bad things. My husband of 25 years was making himself ill ,  my inlaws  were beside themselves.One very bad evening my mother in law  sent them home,armed with a few clothes and her purse she sat for 3 days and nights only sipping tea or water .Her faith told her to fast.I'm not talking just faith in a biblical way, but faith in life ,love,the gift of future.She spoke  and spoke about her life ,about the past ,she prayed those timeless words to another  mother who had loved her son...She was told to go home sleep ,eat. no she was staying,so they brought her a reclining chair . As I drifted in and out i heard her speak of another time she had sat just like this,her son ,my husband lay dying , 4 states away while on vacation,he had become very ill, her mother passed that evening at home. She never left his side, not even to say goodbye to her beloved mother. He would  lay in hospital for several months before returning to their home state.She spoke words telling me that we have  a long future,much to do ,more love,.That morning I was feeling  better, my tests were better,  and continued to improve to nearly normal!I remember those 3 days and nights of her face ,her hands holding mine, and that ever present red lipstick...This  angel had breathed life back into me ,she loved me back to life.The Dr's were shocked to see me improving, they had not expected that.

So I know about faith ,love the ability to heal .I know that the love I have seen in those many faces will sustain theiron recovery . I also know that despite all the bad we see in the world there is far more good, I know this  from all my friends who have shared love  with me here . I am grateful for you all,and love you.Sending you  love and faith...Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

Re: Faith, love and bright red lipstick....

A very beautiful story about family and love and healing.Welcome back to life and I am so very happy to hear that you are feeling well again.

Honored Contributor

Good to hear your news.  Love is amazing.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

The faith of a righteous woman avails much!  Wow, what an incredible journey you have been on.  Continued healing for you.

Honored Contributor

Your account of faith and your dear mother- in-law brought tears to my eyes.  You are both special women.

i am so happy that you are better, thank God and give your MIL and your DH a hug and kiss.  They are both truly angels.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still keeper of the koi

I was thinklng about you yesterday as I was reading the forums as your name has not shown up lately,  Was hoping you were recovering and wondered how you were..  Was so glad to see your name on a post today.  Sorry for the very rough time you are going through now.  You are fortunate to have such a steadfast family.  Good to hear you are finally improving and that faith and love cause miracles.

Respected Contributor

So good to hear from you!  May you continue to heal with Faith, Love and Grace.

Trusted Contributor

What a beautiful story.  Brought tears to my eyes.  Your MIL...a Godsend. So good to hear from you.  Take good care while recovering Maryanne.   Love and faith right back atcha!  

Respected Contributor

Saying Hello to you today and sending up prayers of strength and health. 

Valued Contributor

@candys mine, you are a joy,thank you so very much for thinking of me.I am  blessed  with your  care ... You are a precious part of the world, hugs and love dear one . ..Maryanne