Honored Contributor

The other thing about Facebook is that many people have other accounts sync'd with it, like Instagram.  So someone could be posting pictures on Instagram and they show up in the Facebook feed but they aren't actually posting them on FB and many times never see the comments or likes there.

I have nieces who have moved to Instagram and don't look at FB anymore and my uncle doesn't understand why they don't see his comments on their photos.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse I didn't mean get over it, that sounds like it wasn't important, and it was to you.  I just meant that we have to let it go (I have to do that all of the time as the mother of 3 adult daughters).  I (more than once...goodness knows) have had to move on from it.

We all (by now) know if someone means to be hurtful in this day and age when people just say anything behind a computer, I hope you didn't think I was minimizing your hurt feelings...I wasn't.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Texasmouse I didn't mean get over it, that sounds like it wasn't important, and it was to you.  I just meant that we have to let it go (I have to do that all of the time as the mother of 3 adult daughters).  I (more than once...goodness knows) have had to move on from it.

We all (by now) know if someone means to be hurtful in this day and age when people just say anything behind a computer, I hope you didn't think I was minimizing your hurt feelings...I wasn't.

@Annabellethecat66

Not at all. My dear mother (whom I miss very much) had your attitude and sometimes just hearing "get over it, they don't mean anything by it" was exactly what I needed. Sometimes we do read more into situations than what's really there and then our imagination can run wild. No offense taken and thanks again for your kind words.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse I hope you have a nice holiday.  Take care and be safe....Annabelle/Linda

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 / Linda

Thank you! You do the same! 😊

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I don't know if any of you will be able to relate to this or not. It could be that I'm just overly sensitive. I live thousands of miles away from my kids so I look at Facebook frequently, to see if any of them is posting about what they're doing and it makes me feel like I'm "in the loop". If I see anything they've posted, I will, at the very least, click "like" which shows them I'm aware of and acknowledge their post. More often than not, I'll click on the heart, which says I love, not just like, their post, and sometimes I'll comment too. Once in a while, I'll share a post that someone else has posted about how much I love my sons and they're always my thoughts, my heart, etc... On THOSE posts, I MIGHT get a "like" from one of them but barring that, they don't acknowledge my posts at all. Even when my husband and I took a trip last summer and I posted many lovely pics... nothing from them. My co-workers and my husband's Facebook friends acknowledge my posts more than my kids do. I have to admit, I find it hurtful especially since I'm constantly cheering them on! I've considered just suspending my Facebook account if not just deleting it completely, because it's just painful. It's like I'm looking through a two-way mirror. I can see them but they can't see me. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

@Texasmouse

I have to admit ... when I first started reading your post, I was sure it was a joke and you were just having fun.   Then I read some posts and  realized you were actually serious!   

While I admit that I find it hard to relate to anyone  being so dependant on some silly electronic clicks, it's clear you are taking it very seriously.   Perhaps your sons don't "like" anyone and almost never use that feature.   Did that ever occur to you?   

I have no idea what your relationships with each other are like, but if you are depending on the "approval" of others, via likes, I encourage you to please stop tormenting yourself.   Heart

I'm willing to bet that your sons love you very much, and the likes ... or the lack thereof .... mean absolutely nothing to them.   Based on my own experience,  I just don't think it's a "guy thing".

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

That's the thing. They DO like other people's posts, like I said in my initial post. Thanks for your input.