Respected Contributor

I had my Facebook page on the ''private'' setting for a while but changed it recently to 

''public'' .  My question is - will viewers to my Facebook page be able to see all my posts now, even when the setting was on ''private'' ?

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda   Everyone will be able to see your Facebook page now, including people who are not your Facebook "friends."

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: Facebook question...

[ Edited ]

You can make different areas of your "page" public and private - it doesn't have to be all  one or the other.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Facebook question...

[ Edited ]

I keep mine on private and sometimes when they make changes your profile goes public, not sure why. I always go in and reset my settings Smiley Happy Yes anyone can see posts and pics when on Public,

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda I'm pretty sure they will be able to see past posts.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter ..Thank you CelticCrafter...That was my real question - as to if they would be able to see my ''''past posts'' while it was under the private setting.  Thank you .

Esteemed Contributor

I thought that someone who isn´t your friend won´t be able to see everything. The reason I said it is because just a few days ago someone (who wasn´t my friend ) put up some pictures of her vacation. Her page was Public but I could only see certain Posts but I couldn´t see everything  until she sent me a friend request and I accepted. 

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

I thought that someone who isn´t your friend won´t be able to see everything. The reason I said it is because just a few days ago someone (who wasn´t my friend ) put up some pictures of her vacation. Her page was Public but I could only see certain Posts but I couldn´t see everything  until she sent me a friend request and I accepted. 

@Sage04   Her page wasn't entirely public or you would have been able to see everything before you were friends.  The QVC hosts pages are public, for instance.  You don't have to be friends with them to see everything.  There are many levels of privacy that you can use when setting up your Facebook page.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack , she´s also a Real Estate Agent and advertises houses on her FB page, so maybe that´s why I thought it was public.

Honored Contributor

You can change the audience for individual posts.  I do it all the time.  You can choose between Public, Friends, Specific Friends, Only Me, and Friends Except......  I have a list of friends for different things like Games, so I usually have mine set on Friends Except Games, but I can change it when I am typing the post or even after I have posted it.  If you have some particular posts you don't want someone to see, if you can find it, you can change the audience for it even now.