Respected Contributor

FRESHLY- home delivered food???

Has anyone ever  seen the commercials for ''FRESHLY'' ? It's home delivered food - you choose your meals, they deliver, you heat and eat.  They certainly advertise often on television....wondering if anyone here has tried them.  Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor

Re: FRESHLY- home delivered food???

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda  I have not tried any of the home delivery foods but I did look at their websites and they are expensive.  Most of the food delivery compaines give you the food and you have to prepare it.  I can go to the grocery and pick up food and cook it without the big expense.  I believe there is one service that prepares the food, freezes and delivers.  There is also one company that shows a woman drinking a smoothie.  I can't live off smoothies and it is also expensive.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I have used it regularly for a year or more.  I started by trying the meals you cook, and they were very good, but still I had to come home from work and cook.  So I tried Freshly and have stayed with it.  They are not as delicious as the meals I cooked but I do think they may be healthier.  Also, if I heated them on the stove top, I think they might be tastier.  I always just microwave.  My daughter and I really like the meatloaf.  I find the meals to be filling.  Delivery is dependable. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also receive this company's food.

I started with the meals you have to cook, the I  found FRESHLY

I am pleased with this company.

I cook mine in the oven, put a little non stick spray and bake at 350 from frozen for about 30 minutes. I separate the meats and vegetables in the oven.

I ordered mostly for hubby so when I get home some nights dinner is already done.  I bought it to incorporate with home meals.  Also for hubby sometimes I need to add a little extra food whether a vegetable or small salad.

Also you can skip shipments, I get a delivery maybe once every 6 weeks.  I go ONLINE every 2 weeks and skip some weeks. You can also put your account on hold by calling customer service

Also I have never received a damaged box, the items are packed with two blocks of ice like materials.

I order food he knows I don't venture into the Indian dishes as I ordered one and he did not like it.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I also receive this company's food.

I started with the meals you have to cook, the I  found FRESHLY

I am pleased with this company.

I cook mine in the oven, put a little non stick spray and bake at 350 from frozen for about 30 minutes. I separate the meats and vegetables in the oven.

I ordered mostly for hubby so when I get home some nights dinner is already done.  I bought it to incorporate with home meals.  Also for hubby sometimes I need to add a little extra food whether a vegetable or small salad.

Also you can skip shipments, I get a delivery maybe once every 6 weeks.  I go ONLINE every 2 weeks and skip some weeks. You can also put your account on hold by calling customer service

Also I have never received a damaged box, the items are packed with two blocks of ice like materials.

I order food he knows I don't venture into the Indian dishes as I ordered one and he did not like it.

@Happiness Is Inside JOB That is a great idea.  I'm going to try putting mine in the oven too.  That's just as easy as putting it in the microwave.  

Trusted Contributor

For me, the food tastes very good cooked in the oven.  But I do the oven for many good items because I BELIEVE IT tastes better!  Like tv dinner type food or pot pies.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

For me, the food tastes very good cooked in the oven.  But I do the oven for many good items because I BELIEVE IT tastes better!  Like tv dinner type food or pot pies.

I tried it this evening.  The meal is good from the microwave, but it was much tastier heated in the oven.  Thanks!