Respected Contributor

Re: FORGIVE ME, BUT HAVE TO GO THERE

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

Will I ever be able to visit my 90 year old mom, children and grandchildren again,  let alone, kiss them and hold them close to me! 😪 💔

@Starpolisher  I'm driving to see my grandchildren April 30th. That's my plan. They live 1/2 hr. away. When I FaceTime with the Girls we talk about our fun visit, but I make sure to explain that's "the plan" and sometimes plans have to change. My Mom passed away last March at 90, but I know how you feel about wanting to seeing her. Time is so precious. 

@Shanus 

Dh and I usually babysit two days a week for our four year old and 17 month old granddaughters. We've  been doing it since the four year old was three months old. They live an hour away from us and we're there all day. Last week both ds and ddil started working from home. Even though they could use the help, we thought it best  if we social distanced from them for everyone's well being. My mom only lives two miles from me but I'm trying not to expose her unnecessarily.  My youngest son lives an hour away from me also. Dh and I drove to his house on Saturday, as we needed to give him some things. We called him when we got there. He came out and got his things from our trunk. We didn't get out of the car. I hate it that I can't  touch or kiss any of them! And already, I really miss seeing and being with my granddaughters.  It was the highlight and joy of my week!😪 💔

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Re: FORGIVE ME, BUT HAVE TO GO THERE

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

Will I ever be able to visit my 90 year old mom, children and grandchildren again,  let alone, kiss them and hold them close to me! 😪 💔

@Starpolisher  I'm driving to see my grandchildren April 30th. That's my plan. They live 1/2 hr. away. When I FaceTime with the Girls we talk about our fun visit, but I make sure to explain that's "the plan" and sometimes plans have to change. My Mom passed away last March at 90, but I know how you feel about wanting to seeing her. Time is so precious. 

@Shanus 

Dh and I usually babysit two days a week for our four year old and 17 month old granddaughters. We've  been doing it since the four year old was three months old. They live an hour away from us and we're there all day. Last week both ds and ddil started working from home. Even though they could use the help, we thought it best  if we social distanced from them for everyone's well being. My mom only lives two miles from me but I'm trying not to expose her unnecessarily.  My youngest son lives an hour away from me also. Dh and I drove to his house on Saturday, as we needed to give him some things. We called him when we got there. He came out and got his things from our trunk. We didn't get out of the car. I hate it that I can't  touch or kiss any of them! And already, I really miss seeing and being with my granddaughters.  It was the highlight and joy of my week!😪 💔

@Starpolisher   I have an idea for your Mom's visits if you're not on lockdown. My only and beloved aunt (93) lives nearby. We visit with her on her patio or take chairs to her covered porch...still outside with fresh air circulated. We bring flowers, pics of the grandchildren, yarn for her knitting projects and of course any groceries and meds she's requested. Can that work with your Mom? We're also writing old-fashioned letters to the kids so they receive mail, pictures of my flowers in the yard. Photos of our dog, etc.