Honored Contributor

Re: FORGIVE ME, BUT HAVE TO GO THERE

@Shanus wrote:

@hckynut   In this case, we can overcome some of the worry and/or outcome by keeping distance and washing hands and staying home. Anything that makes me feel like I have some control is fine with me.

Shanus

@Shanus 

Me too! 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  I wholeheartedly agree! LOVE, kindness, thoughtfulness, patience, compassion, understanding, and HOPE  is what will get us through this, and is needed now more than ever! Thank you for this beautiful, meaningful post! Very well said!👍👍❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@embgm wrote:

As a person who has both a family member fighting the virus in a hospital and a family member fighting the illness in N.Y.  please stay home. Everyone needs to listen to the safety guidelines. When I saw that post about the beaches in Florida and the church in Florida both filled with people I just shake my head in despair. Of course that will only lengthen the time the virus will be around. I just don't understand people. I guess they have to have this virus directly affect them to wake up. 

@embgm 

I am not even sure even that would wake up some people, others maybe for a few weeks or more. I was in Cardiac Rehab with guys that had heart attacks and some still didn't get it.

They told me "the heck with exercise and watching what I eat"!  Guess their heart problem didn't put them in a life/death situation, mine did.

Their heart attack only physically effected them and I am sure their "caretaker(s)" wouldn't agree with them. However this virus does effect others and many still don't give a **it. It is very sad.

Thank you to family member on the front line, and my best wishes to the one with the virus.

Take good care now,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles   Thanks for the kind words. We WILL get through all this together, just not CLOSE to each other. 🌈

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, there will be psychological impact- and there will be changes after this passes. But the world will go on, and next time hopefully ,we Will know better- 

Its ok to cry it out, but then, stop the pity party and do something that makes you happy- Walk in the park, at a distance to all, Bake cookies, color or paint or knit or read, learn yoga or chair yoga, pet the dog, or drink wine... lol!  ☀️☀️🌈🌈

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus You are so welcome, and we are definitely all in this together-UNITY😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  You are right, we will get thru this Together by being Apart!  Rest, relax and be restored.  We can all begin each day with gratitude and thank God for letiing us get up and the positive tone will set the day. 

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@Shanus  You are right, we will get thru this Together by being Apart!  Rest, relax and be restored.  We can all begin each day with gratitude and thank God for letiing us get up and the positive tone will set the day. 

@Boomernichols   So intelligent and insightful. 

Respected Contributor

Will I ever be able to visit my 90 year old mom, children and grandchildren again,  let alone, kiss them and hold them close to me! 😪 💔

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher wrote:

Will I ever be able to visit my 90 year old mom, children and grandchildren again,  let alone, kiss them and hold them close to me! 😪 💔

@Starpolisher  I'm driving to see my grandchildren April 30th. That's my plan. They live 1/2 hr. away. When I FaceTime with the Girls we talk about our fun visit, but I make sure to explain that's "the plan" and sometimes plans have to change. My Mom passed away last March at 90, but I know how you feel about wanting to seeing her. Time is so precious.