Honored Contributor

Re: FIRST TOILET PAPER AND NOW GAS

@Shanus    It's not a shortage in the same way as the TP and wipes.   It's the hackers.

BTW -  not affecting us right now in FL -  no line at Costco early this am 

Respected Contributor

Ridiculous comparison....no one is showing up with a thrrmos & dixie cups to hoard gas in their pantry. We depend on gas, we'll always need it & the idea it should-can be eliminated is denying reality.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually my friend lives in Georgia and said her husband happened to be at a "Racetrack" yesterday when a tanker pulled in to fill up.  No gas until that point and all the gas pump handles were covered. But one issue there for the past several days that her husband has witnessed (he's a driver so needs gas frequently) is people not only filling up their gas tanks in cars but then also filling up separate containers to hoard.  Shouldn't be allowed during something like this.

He never mentioned any fights at the pumps though.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Shanus    It's not a shortage in the same way as the TP and wipes.   It's the hackers.

BTW -  not affecting us right now in FL -  no line at Costco early this am 

Most of Florida's gasoline is supplied by Gulf coast refineries via boat, not the pipeline.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because links have controversial side bars

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

Makes electric look a whole lot beter when you can't Get gas.

@candys mine    You do know, I hope, the electric grid could go down? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If this isn't affecting Florida, why did the governor declare a state of emergency over this?  There are news articles all over about long lines at some Florida gas stations. 

I was listening to a national radio station this morning.  They were talking to a guy on the phone who was waiting in line in Florida to get gas.  The guy said he had been in line 38 minutes and there were still 4 cars ahead of him.  He said the gas was coming out in a trickle so it was taking a really long time for cars to fill up.

I'm sure adjusting the pumps so the gas trickles out is being done on purpose.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember the gas shortage of the 1970s really well.  I was in my late 20s and "under employed in sunny San Diego".  Fortunately I only lived five blocks to work so frequently I rode my bike.  Roomy and I carpooled for errands.  Both of my primary cars now are hybrids so gas goes pretty far.  Not affected by this in AZ but our gas is still $3.05.

Honored Contributor

Two days ago DH mentioned finding a decent camper at a lot in FL, flying down to buy it, and driving the camper back.  He's looking for a Rialta, not found commonly here in the midwest.  And my idea for a quick trip was the Outer Banks.  Well, I guess we will be staying home.  Killed that argument deader than a door nail.  

Esteemed Contributor

There is NOT a gas shortage, there is a distribution problem due to the pipeline being shut down.  Any "shortages" have been created by panic and to some extent hoarding.

With a few exceptions (service station tanks already low for example) if people had gone about their normal routines instead of rushing to the gas station there would be enough to meet daily needs, at least at this time.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.