Re: FALL HARVEST🍁🎃🦃

@Puddles wrote:

DIANE'S CORNER: Pumpkin Day - October 26, 2018

@Puddles 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

hey guys

LTT sure hope things smooth out and become calm in your life.

watching a 20 minute recital tonight of my grand daughter in college, she was in 3some clarinet recital. The concert was wonderful. The melodies were magnificent, the kids did a great job.

have my junk room ready for cleaning tomorrow. Dh has to bring his car to some place for insurance purpose for repair job. He then has to go grocery shop. List is long this week.

kind of warm outside tonight. Winds out of south with that hurricane blasting in. That storm is moving fast, 

well have to fold clothes, 1st load ready. 2nd load ready for dryer.

ok guys see all in the morn

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Puddles @1Snickers @viva923 @Sweet Caroline 1 @mousiegirl 

hi friends...

I'm dealing with a bit of a personal crisis right now so this is why I have been AWOL.

All will be resolved eventually.

please keep me in your prayers

@LTT1   I will have you in my prayers. I love you. 

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@Reconnaissant wrote:

@Puddles wrote:

DIANE'S CORNER: Pumpkin Day - October 26, 2018

@Puddles 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

@Reconnaissant   Thank you and Happy Halloween.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

National First Responders Day - October 28NATIONAL FIRST RESPONDERS DAY

October 28th sets aside National First Responders Day to honor the men and women who act quickly when an emergency is at hand.

First responders dedicate their lives to save lives. They are the people who run toward a crisis while the rest of the world flees. According to the Department of Homeland Security, 4.6 million career and volunteer first responders support the communities where they live. They are firefighters, police, emergency medical technicians (EMT), paramedics, and 911 operators. In an emergency, they’re the first on the scene. These dedicated professionals answer the call when a crisis arises, often putting their own lives on the line.

Serving as a national day of gratitude, we pay tribute to their endless hours and around the clock service provided to their communities. As one of the most dangerous jobs in the country, the day also pays tribute to the fallen first responders. According to the CDC, 97 firefighters and 155 police officers die each year in the line of duty. Additionally, their rate of occupational injury is higher than the national average. Often, the very people saving lives are our neighbors, friends and family members. And their families know the price they pay for their dedication to the job. 

And even though they are an integral part of our communities, their sacrifices go beyond the hours they work. They face high stress, often daily. The trauma they see wears on them both mentally and physically. Many experience Post Traumatic Stress. Long periods away from family add stress to their relationships, too.

National First Responders Day is also a call for action. First responders deserve our support. Through resources and awareness, first responders can live healthier more productive lives and pass their knowledge and skills on to the next generation of first responders, too.

HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalFirstRespondersDay

The day provides you with an opportunity to recognize a first responder in your life. You might be surprised at how many you know. If their service is voluntary, you may only know about their day job. Offer to treat them to their favorite beverage or buy their next meal. Be supportive of their family, too. More importantly, support programs that improve services to first responders. Connect with a first responder who came to your rescue and thank them. Let them know you appreciate their dedication and sacrifice.

Another way to honor first responders is by signing the petition urging Congress to declare a national day in their honor. 

Share your appreciation on social media using #NationalFirstRespondersDay.

NATIONAL FIRST RESPONDERS DAY HISTORY

In 2019, the United States Senate passed a resolution designating October 28th as National First Responders Day to honor the men and women putting their lives on the line.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@viva923 

PA will be getting about 8 hours of heavy rain from TR Zeta on Thursday with a high of 49.  I don't plan to go anywhere.  Just glad for some rain since we're in a drought watch. 

Our nearby family owned market opened back up today.  Ed and I went this afternoon for meat and fruits and veggies.  We're well stocked right now.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Alfie needs a walk but maybe tomorrow won't allow it.  He doesn't like going out in the rain.  Smiley Happy  He was busy watching across the road today as some guys were installing a new tin roof on a home.  On occasion he would bark at them when they climbed the ladder.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor