Respected Contributor

Re: FALL HARVEST🍁🎃🦃

@Puddles       Many blessings for you and Ian on your anniversery.Heart

Honored Contributor

@possummink 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7e/c8/b7/7ec8b764010ce70de6be10e58840f7ed.jpg

This is an interesting round barn near Centre Hall, PA.  It's known as the Neff Barn and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.

The Neff Round Barn, also known as the Red Round Barn, is a historic round barn located in Potter Township, Centre County, PA.  It was built about 1910, and is a white pine structure on a limestone foundation. The interior has two floors: the cattle floor and the mow floor. It is 88 feet (27 m) in diameter and 56 feet (17 m) tall at the cupola, encompassing 6,000 square feet. It has a conical roof.

This is a popular, much photographed barn, and is well maintained.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

Hmmmm.... I would pick A even though I like pumkin bread, bars, and pie.  I  am not a fan of pumpkin-spiced coffee.  B,C and D - I Heart

@Sassy7356 

I can definitely live without candy corn. Not my favorite. 

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

@Sassy7356 

So true. We’ve already had everything from a low of 49 degrees last night to a high of 82 a few days ago. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

I want to eat all of these leaf pie crusties!  They look so good...  Smiley Tongue

@Sweet Caroline 1 

@LIG1 

Me too! My mom used to take the extra pie crust pieces & do something similar.  Loved it! 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Puddles 

To you and Ian

AFF0FFE5-4039-4327-BDAB-17D02D6C1DA0.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@possummink   Normally, in early Fall we have Indian Summer, my favorite weather, warm but not hot, certainly not 90's.  It is further North that is experiencing all of the fires, and many more this past weekend around Santa Rosa.

Normal late Fall weather is 60's, but the weather is not normal this year, and we are in a draught and seems we will be, not much rain expected for who knows when.  There are "bits" of rain predicted here and there much later on, which here means no rain, so will see.  It seems 90's has dropped off for today, 86, but now around 60+, so says Mr. Frog, my trusty weather thermometer which I have had for eons.

It used to be cold in October, and very cold on Halloween, not this year.  It also used to rain in October, hasn't in forever.  No plants have died back due to the weather being so nice, everyhing still blooming, except the Asters are reaching the end of their bloom time, such a wonderful sight to see when they are all in bloom, all colors and heights.

I havn't had issues with the area just above my left hip, not my back,  in years now, probably due to the painful stretches and methods I used to break it up.  I think I may have called it my back, lower, think it was related to that muscle I just mentioned.

Now, my issue is mostly my left shoulder/arm which was injured in several falls having fallen flat on it, so I take Ibuprofen.  If I had been in a sling at the beginning, it may be better by now, but I use it every day doing what I shouldn't, I am sure.  My knee is still discolored somewhat and misshapen, but I walk fine.

It is supposed to be an abnormally cold winter, so am now trying to figure out how to protect my outside potted ferns, some I can bring under the covered deck and maybe cover them with something light. They are finally a good size and looking beautiful, probably fifteen.  I will just have to leave the very large in their pots where they are now, and hope they will spring back next year if they happen to die back, sometimes they do come back, sometimes they don't.

I hope you don't lose plants, I already have lost some this year that I bought early on, but no response from the company.

Trusted Contributor

@Puddles 

Happy Anniversary to you and Ian! 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Honored Contributor