Esteemed Contributor

Re: Experiencing Lock-Down Nostalgia

[ Edited ]

Hi @house_cat I had no idea you had just moved.  Moving by itself can be overwhelming!  That explains the guests.  I am sure people are just happy to reconnect, and maybe things will slow down on their own after the novelty wears off.  But I agree with others, you don't have to accept overnight guests unless you are up for it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat 

I was "shaking my head" because another poster suggested that and the same comment for moving.

Reread your responses and maybe you'll see what I was referring to.

Respected Contributor

At this point in life I would not like overnight guests. I love my family and friends but not over night.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I simply don't understand your comments. I reread the entire thread and still don't understand. In any case, no worries.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I know I personally couldn't handle the constant weekend guests!  I like having my home to myself for the most part.  And I am still not comfortable with being in close quarters with other people with virus issues.  Does your DH feel the same as you?  If so, I'm sure the two of you can come up with a strategy and a reply that tells would be guests in a nice way that this is not feasible at the current time.  Maybe if you both suggest that if they are coming to town and suggest a nice hotel that is nearby, that you both would be happy to meet them some place for lunch or dinner if you are available.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I get it, you certainly are not the only one who gained a new prospective from the lockdown and also from losing loved ones.  I don't mind admitting I liked the quiet. There were 4 of us here.  The adults in various parts if the house working remotely, my great niece remote schooling on her laptop.  I liked hearing the kid's voices.  I liked being in our family bubble.  Of course we had Zoom, Facebook, phone calls, Skype to remain connected with friends and family.  I even liked celebrating the holidays in our bubble.  Things are back to normal now but I a quieter normal now.  The need to go, go, go is gone.  I can say "no" when I want to and I don't feel the need to makeup an excuse.