Honored Contributor
No one can tell you how to feel about this situation....I would tell your daughter to make sure any job move is in her best interest, and leave it at that. Hold your head up!
Respected Contributor

@qvc chick  I know somewhere (past threads)several people have suggested counseling.   I will suggest it again.   You need to move on.   This is really nothing to do with ex husband troubles as the title suggests.

Somehow you have to embrace yourself.   Be happy your daughter can be friends with a stepparent.  I also get along great with my step siblings.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@qvc chick I just had a thought that isn’t nice.Maybe the new wife is threatened by the continuing relationship between you and her new husband.She might think to get back at you that she can develop a relationship with your daughter.....

@dex had the same thought.

Esteemed Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@dex wrote:

@qvc chick I just had a thought that isn’t nice.Maybe the new wife is threatened by the continuing relationship between you and her new husband.She might think to get back at you that she can develop a relationship with your daughter.....

@dex had the same thought.

That sounds very far-fetched to me.

I think it's much more likely that she simply wants to have a nice relationship with her soon-to-be-stepdaughter.  The OP said that her daughter likes this woman, so the woman probably likes her too, and at the very least wants to get to know her better.  There's no reason to portray her as some kind of villain or look for ulterior motives when the most simple explanation is far and away the most likely.

Valued Contributor

How many here are divorced?  My son missed one of my milestone birthdays.  I was heartbroken.  This is a kid who should go to glamour shots and get a picture for me.

I think they get selfish at a time in their lives.  He was always hanging out with his father and girlfriend.  

Well it blew up......now years later they hardly talk and he 

Is closer to me than ever.  It's very hard to move on when your life is destroyed.   I did go to therapy and realized I was not the one who needed the most help.

I understand your pain it's hard.