Respected Contributor

I went ahead and applied for this to get 20% off a large purchase.  The purchase was shipped like 5/26/2017.  I got it, and sometime after, I know I went to the accounts page to look up when a payment was due.  I pay most everything online, and knew I would have to set it up with them.

My memory tells me that I made the first payment sometime in June.  That would have required me to set up with the banking account number, routing number, etc.  My memory says I did this.

I get a call from them saying I have never made a payment.  I go to my bank account, and there is no recorded payments to them.  This doesn't seem like something I would get wrong.  I distinctly feel I made that set up with my account and first payment with them.

There is also a $25.00 late fee assesed to my account.  So no money was ever taken from my bank account.  For whatever reason, they have gotten no money from me.

Should I listen to my brain telling me I did this, or assume I am wrong and drop it?  I just feel funny about this.  I would like that $25 late fee to go because I really thought I had set it up and made a payment.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

If your bank has no record of a payment, I think you have to assume none was made.  You have no paper trail to show you made a payment so you can't prove anything.  

I opened an account with them and after two months, it was such a mess I put the card in my CC cemetery and never used it again.  I couldn't even access my own account. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

If there were conflicting reason, say your bank account says it was withdrawn but Evine says no payment was made, then yes I would question it.  But if Evine says no payment and nothing came out of your bank account, then it sounds as if you set up the account but never made the payment or you had intentions of doing so but forgot.

Honored Contributor

Couldn't you log into your account and see if your bank info is in there?  It sounds like you may have setup the account.  If not, why didn't they mail you the bill?  If you don't have anything setup online, I'd call and ask them to wave the $25 fee.  That happened when my q card was first setup.  They didn't send me a bill in the mail and I got a late fee.  When I called, their records showed the bill was returned because the address was wrong.  They didn't know what it said, but told me what was in the system and it was correct.  Fee waived.

Respected Contributor

I think I opted for paperless statements.  So I didn't expect to get a bill.  Which is why I went online to check for payments.

I am going to pay it because they told me if I missed 2 payments they would report you to the credit agency.  So I will pay and then try to argue the late payment thing. 

This is the first time I have ever had a problem with doing online payments.  I do a lot and have for quite awhile.  My feeling is that I truly attempted to make a payment last month.

Like to solve this mystery, but it isn't worth messing with a good credit report.  I guess there's something I don't quite trust!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I went ahead and applied for this to get 20% off a large purchase.  The purchase was shipped like 5/26/2017.  I got it, and sometime after, I know I went to the accounts page to look up when a payment was due.  I pay most everything online, and knew I would have to set it up with them.

My memory tells me that I made the first payment sometime in June.  That would have required me to set up with the banking account number, routing number, etc.  My memory says I did this.

I get a call from them saying I have never made a payment.  I go to my bank account, and there is no recorded payments to them.  This doesn't seem like something I would get wrong.  I distinctly feel I made that set up with my account and first payment with them.

There is also a $25.00 late fee assesed to my account.  So no money was ever taken from my bank account.  For whatever reason, they have gotten no money from me.

Should I listen to my brain telling me I did this, or assume I am wrong and drop it?  I just feel funny about this.  I would like that $25 late fee to go because I really thought I had set it up and made a payment.

Hyacinth

I don't understand why you are confused? All you had to do was go into your Evine account and see if info was correct. Then check your due date for payment and do it. I always get a confirmation email from my creditor. Even though you put your account info into the system, you still have to go to your account and make the payment. I think you need to keep track of your accounts. I always know when I need to pay.

Respected Contributor

Re: Evine credit card issue

[ Edited ]

When your purchase is shipped isn't your account charged on that date?  I've never known any of the shopping channels to ship anything without making the initial payment, not the promise of paying after the fact.  Maybe it's a new system I don't know about or this is the way they work it with their own credit cards.

Did you request a paperless billing, i.e. an e-mail notification of when payment was due?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

If both Evine and your bank have no record of the payment, you didn't make the payment.  I suppose it's possible that you got distracted and just forgot to complete the transaction.  I did that recently with a work think, I did all the work.  I know I did but it was showing on the account.  I'm pretty sure I took or phone call, forgot what I was doing and didn't complete the transaction.  Stuff happens.

Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

When your purchase is shipped isn't your account charged on that date?  I've never known any of the shopping channels to ship anything without making the initial payment, not the promise of paying after the fact.  Maybe it's a new system I don't know about or this is the way they work it with their own credit cards.

Did you request a paperless billing, i.e. an e-mail notification of when payment was due?

Their system is more confusing to me than other credit cards.  They had stuff listed that I purchased with another credit card.  I even went to their site last week to check on a payment needed - it said 7/20 was the due date.

I dont shop with them very much and had always stayed away from the credit card.  I don't have one for QVC or HSN.  They made that good offer, but only with their credit card.  I have no intention of ever paying their ridiculous interest charges.  I should have just paid it off all the first time and not made payments.  Then none of this would happen.

There's just something I am not trusting about this whole thing.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

If both Evine and your bank have no record of the payment, you didn't make the payment.  I suppose it's possible that you got distracted and just forgot to complete the transaction.  I did that recently with a work think, I did all the work.  I know I did but it was showing on the account.  I'm pretty sure I took or phone call, forgot what I was doing and didn't complete the transaction.  Stuff happens.

There is no payment listed on their site or my bank.  So something went wrong with the whole thing.  I know I remember doing something on this payment.  Perhaps I did get distracted and not push the last button or something.  I don't forget paying bills!

But, I'm paying it, and I am going to call them and see if they will consider dropping the late charge.  Otherwise, I may just pay it off and close the account.  It doesn't feel right.

Hyacinth