Honored Contributor

Ever Had A Dream inspire you to take action?

[ Edited ]

I had a dream last night that our old refrigerator quit working.....it was like a nightmare ...all the food getting warm etc..... in the dream I could not get replacement for A WEEK😳

So, this weekend we are going to purchase a new refrigerator.  Ours is 17 years old. I will put it down stairs and use it for extra storage.... when it does"die" , call 1 800 JUNK to to take it away.   

Like a water heater....you want to replace it BEFORE IT QUITS WORKING.  Better safe than sorry 🙂

Honored Contributor

Re: Ever Had A Dream inspire you to take action?

Would "get up and go to the bathroom" count?  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

No

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Not that I can recall, with the exception of what @Sooner said. Sometimes we have to take action.

Esteemed Contributor

In answer to your question: no

Regarding purchase of a new fridge: Labor Day weekend used to be a good time for sales on appliances. Probably not so much now.

A few weeks ago I thought my fridge had died. Panic! Thankfully, it was just that the door had not sealed completely. I called my two usual appliance stores. No stock of refrigerators. None! A third store had whatever stock they had all on the sales floor. I could get something delivered next day, but the choices were very limited.

Not sure why you would not just have your old fridge removed free of charge with delivery of the new one as opposed to paying to move it downstairs now and paying again in the future to haul it away.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

In answer to your question: no

Regarding purchase of a new fridge: Labor Day weekend used to be a good time for sales on appliances. Probably not so much now.

A few weeks ago I thought my fridge had died. Panic! Thankfully, it was just that the door had not sealed completely. I called my two usual appliance stores. No stock of refrigerators. None! A third store had whatever stock they had all on the sales floor. I could get something delivered next day, but the choices were very limited.

Not sure why you would not just have your old fridge removed free of charge with delivery of the new one as opposed to paying to move it downstairs now and paying again in the future to haul it away.

@queendiva  I would like extra storage for fruit and vegs......also a place to store my backup beauty products and my dogs products  that need refrigeration .  A less cluttered fridge upstairs is what I like....bring things up as I need them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I had a dream that I needed to go through the house and check to see if things were working  properly. 
  I can't hear well so I put my hearing aide on, I  still can't hear well. The main bathroom shower control & faucet is frozen. 
  Then when checking temperatures in refrigerator it was only 40 in the food section, freezer fine. For a few days I've tried to get it cooler and think it's the thermostat.
  It's a GE and 25 years old!  
  I had a LOT of trouble getting a new one that fits my space. Salesman sold me one that had already been sold and didn't call me. When I called he asked if I wanted a refund! I went to the store and with the sales manager searched computer inventory for another. He found a different one the salesman didn't check. It was delivered today and runs but the old copper water pipe is frozen and a plumber must come on Tuesday due to the holiday. To run a new pipe and attach new water hose. IF I can get them! I left a message with them. 
    With the pandemic it's a mess. Stores aren't answering phones, they couldn't call another store to get one because they weren't answering! One like I wanted would take a month to order. 
   My father in law was a frugal man. He said many times:"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

ðŸ›   ðŸš°  ðŸ’¸

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers     I guess I look at it this way... If I wait until it does  stop working ... I probably lose all my food before a new fridge is delivered and set up... plus I have to hurriedly look for and purchase one.

If I do it now before it dies.... I can take my time... picking the one I want and wait for it to be ordered  if need be.. I am not desperate like as if I had no refrigerator...

Years ago our last fridge died on us and my husband took the day off work to go buy one...  without me.... we have had it all these years and I NEVER LIKED IT.  It was bought out of desperation as we just needed one NOW.  I do not want to be in that situation again.

Respected Contributor

I think my mind keeps working while I sleep. At times I've woken up with ideas on what a character will do in my writing, and other times I'v woken up with solutions to problems at work. My grandmother used to say "Sleep on it", and I guess she was literally right. Lol

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@1Snickers     I guess I look at it this way... If I wait until it does  stop working ... I probably lose all my food before a new fridge is delivered and set up... plus I have to hurriedly look for and purchase one.

If I do it now before it dies.... I can take my time... picking the one I want and wait for it to be ordered  if need be.. I am not desperate like as if I had no refrigerator...

Years ago our last fridge died on us and my husband took the day off work to go buy one...  without me.... we have had it all these years and I NEVER LIKED IT.  It was bought out of desperation as we just needed one NOW.  I do not want to be in that situation again.

@SeaMaiden  I agree, it's good to have a spare refrigerator! I may even get a small one! (I did take some frozen items to my son's house, my granddaughter has thanked me)! 
  My son still uses the one in his store that he had 4 years in college many years ago. He has another small one in his sunroom for ice and drinks. 
   We had a Basset Hound who was in the garage when we had a party. Toward the end of the party two couples asked if he could come inside. 
  Sir Giles enjoyed the petting and a ham biscuit, then we put him back in the garage.

After they left we were cleaning up and heard a crash! Giles had opened the garage refrigerator and was standing there with the whole country ham in his mouth! 

My husband calmly stated he just held it by the bone and it never touched the floor. He wasn't about to throw that ham out!

Giles never did it again, and probably wouldn't have if he didn't have that sample biscuit.