Respected Contributor

Re: Ever Felt Homesick For A Place That Isn't Home?

@Laura14

very kind of you and i will gladly accept them. 

have a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

For me it is the ocean. It is my peaceful place. Listening to the waves or walking the beach makes me feel at home. My son bought a beach house across the street from the ocean. Love it!

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@Lucky Charm

hi!  i took off a couple months after i lost my dog.  she was my constant companion and it just broke my heart.  i just needed some time.  i'm feeling much better now.

i'm happy to be back and look forward to posting with you Lucky Charm!

I am so sorry to hear that @ladyroxanne.

We lost ours over 2 years ago, and just today I thought about her and it was like I had a ton of bricks laying on my heart.  It was awful.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm

i'm so sorry that it is still so difficult for you. 

my neighbor came over and brought me this little book that takes 5 minutes to read.  it's called "for every dog an angel".  it is written by christine davis.  on the book jacket i see that she's written quite a few books about pets. after reading this little book i felt this sense of peace. 

if you are interested, you can contact lighthearted press inc. they are also in bookstores.  they have a toll free number 877-385-6837 and a website.  it's their name, no inc., dot com.

i was having such a hard time that i went and got 2 new puppies.  they will be here next week.  they are still a little bit too young.  i will love them, but it will never be the same.  if you read this book, you will know what i mean.

talk to you soon.   

Honored Contributor

I don't know if I would call it "homesick", but I do miss it, is the Washington, DC area.  My DH and I had only been married about 2 mos., when he got orders (USAF) to Bolling AFB, Washington DC.  We lived there from 1985-1988, and again at the Pentagon (No. VA) from 1993-1995, when he retired.  I always felt like it was sort of "home" to us, because we begain our life together there as husband & wife, and I miss the 4 seasons, but not the snow, that's why we moved back South!

Respected Contributor

Heart  Portland, Oregon and . . .

Heart  Carmel-by-the-Sea, California

make me feel that way  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Door County Wisconsin.  I'd live in any of the small cities up there as long as it has a library and a church.