Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ever Felt Homesick For A Place That Isn't Home?

@Laura14, I live next Province over in beautiful Nova Scotia.  😊LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Laura14, I live next Province over in beautiful Nova Scotia.  😊LM

@Lilysmom  You live in a beautiful part of the world!  Heart

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sim2222

ME TOO!!!!!   My husband and I went to Boston in 2011 and spent the majority of our time on Cape Code.  I'm searching Zillow every day for a house I can't buy for a few years. Smiley Sad

I've always been drawn to New England and four seasons since I've grown up in warm climates with two seasons:  warm and warmer (Hawaii, California).  I buy clothes on QVC that are all for colder weather.  I rarely get to use scarves, boots etc.  

Respected Contributor

The year I went to Prince Edward Island, I received a magnificent guide book (from P.E.I.).

I studied that book! I put down all the places I wanted to see on separate index cards, then sorted them out by area.

I visited every store that sold anything to do with L.M. Montgomery. My first evening there, I went to a fabulous store that was in the vicinity of the B&B I stayed at (near the St. Lawrence River). I spent a small fortune--mostly books, and I had them shipped home.

I bought even more books after that, and had to purchase a new duffle bag to get everything ready to go back to Michigan.

I also saw the Anne musical: it was entertaining enough, but not that gripping.

The most remarkable thing about this trip was how easy it was to go everywhere on the island--without getting lost! I am very directionally challenged, but everything is so well marked there that I had a very pleasant time.

And the clotted cream! Oh, sublime. . .

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2

I am sooooo ready to go! I wish I could go now, it must be beautiful in the fall.  We'll have to go to New York next summer to visit family - maybe I can wrangle a few days on P.E.I. before coming back to California.  

Time to start planning!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

puerto vallarta, mexico is my second home for over 20 years now.  i've traveled many other places, but i always have to return to mexico.

Honored Contributor

We were alsways told our mother's side immigrated from Ireland to Nova Scotia. 

Not so!  St. John's New Brunswick instead.

It's along the water, which I love, but the tide comes and goes at like 20 some feet.  Oh, I'm seasick thinking about it.  But would love to visit up there some fall or even summer.

I love where we are especially because of family.  Only one (son) lives a distance away and we keep creeping up closer and closer to them in the summertime.  (Hope they didn't notice!)

@ladyroxanne haven't seen you in forever!

Honored Contributor

I can't say that I have ever felt that way, although there are definitely a couple of places I want to revisit.  I talked to a lady from Germany a couple of weeks ago. She had been to Germany to visit family.  She said it has changed so much and sadly it would probably be her last visit "home".  I asked her if she came from any of the areas where things were so bad....she said, "no, but it was just a matter of a short time before it was." I really felt bad for her.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm

hi!  i took off a couple months after i lost my dog.  she was my constant companion and it just broke my heart.  i just needed some time.  i'm feeling much better now.

i'm happy to be back and look forward to posting with you Lucky Charm!

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@Lucky Charm

hi!  i took off a couple months after i lost my dog.  she was my constant companion and it just broke my heart.  i just needed some time.  i'm feeling much better now.

i'm happy to be back and look forward to posting with you Lucky Charm!

@ladyroxanne  I know how that feels.  Smiley Sad  Virtual hugs!!  Heart