Honored Contributor

Re: Ever Felt Homesick For A Place That Isn't Home?

Oh yes! That's why we moved there last year! No more yearning, just living in delirous happiness now. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Yes, yes, yes... and I don't really know where it is. I do know that there are lots of trees and grass, and it rains often. The houses are made of wood or brick and not stucco.. blech.  Oh, and my family all lives nearby, including my kids and the grandkids that I don't actually have.  

It's very weird.  This couldn't be less similar to the life I lead now, but I long for it and think about it every day.

Lots of trees and green and it rains often - you need to move to Pennsylvania.

Honored Contributor

Eastern Iowa

Believe it or not, I went to Chicago a few years ago and couldn't imagine what I would do for a week there so I rented a car to drive west and hop the state line and Mississippi River into Iowa to check another state off my list.  Felll in love and I've been back every year since.  I keep threatening that when I finally get fired from my current job, I'm packing the Fiat and moving on up.  

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy

Thank you for a great idea. I love Pinterest, but I've never thought of making a board like that. I will start right away!

@151949

Funny you should mention that - it's one of the three places we're considering to retire!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@insomniac2 wrote:

Prince Edward Island. I only went there once, but I had the most wondrous time.

I have to give credit to L.M. Montgomery's many books about Anne of Green Gables. They made me totally ready to embrace that beautiful island country.

@insomniac2 

was actually going to choose the same place!  The Anne series is my favorite of all time. I was just telling my husband that it's the next vacation I'd like to take.  If you have any inside info about the island, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Contributor

Cape Cod mass.  Just returned from a short vacation. Going back in 3 weeks.  i even looked up houses on line to buy there!  We live in CT so its only a 3 hour drive.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 yes, it seems the posters who yearn to be somewhere else are not happy where they are. Glad you maybe moving to the place of your dreams. Good luck

Esteemed Contributor

Blackhole99, it may seem odd but I love where I live. We're surrounded by beautiful gorges, a magnificent lake, and great people in a university town. It's just that I ALSO love France. It's like loving your children. They each have special qualities that endear them to you, perhaps differently but wonderfully, all the same.

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@insomniac2 wrote:

Prince Edward Island. I only went there once, but I had the most wondrous time.

I have to give credit to L.M. Montgomery's many books about Anne of Green Gables. They made me totally ready to embrace that beautiful island country.

@insomniac2 

was actually going to choose the same place!  The Anne series is my favorite of all time. I was just telling my husband that it's the next vacation I'd like to take.  If you have any inside info about the island, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you.

@house_cat, the  tourism link for PEI is tourismpei.com.  LM

Honored Contributor

PEI is beautiful.  I went as a little girl and never forgot how pretty it was.