Honored Contributor

Even the scammers must be desperate

Just got a long voicemail--  says I won 10 million and a new Mercedes.   Apparently $100 no longer gets enough people to text back?

Respected Contributor

Re: Even the scammers must be desperate

@millieshops 

I have had 7 scam /robo calls this morning before 10am. Mondays must be a slow day. One even left a message. Saying if I don't call back the FBI will be getting to me. ? LOL They don't even have my name, since it was on my cell phone. $10 million you must have gotten a doozer too, with a Mercedes..LOL

@millieshops wrote:

Just got a long voicemail--  says I won 10 million and a new Mercedes.   Apparently $100 no longer gets enough people to text back?

Honored Contributor

Well I've won the Publishers Clearinghouse giveaway 7x already this year!   

Honored Contributor

Y'all need to quit answering calls from unknown phone numbers.  I've never gotten one of those calls. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

Yeah, but I checked into that Mercedes....it's a stripped down model, so don't waste your time (wink!)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Y'all need to quit answering calls from unknown phone numbers.  I've never gotten one of those calls. 

That isn't practical in real life. Many of the places I want/ need to communicate with have phone numbers that don't necessarily show who the call is from. For example, calls from the dealership where we get our car serviced, come through as calls from other states. Calls from my bank don't display that information. I would miss some important calls if I didn't answer my phone. Sometime you don't want the call to go to voicemail because you could end up playing telephone tag. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   lol.  Even an old jalopy would do if it could hold my 10 million!

just hope I never lose the piece of my brain which sings the DO NOT CLICK song

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   interesting that Verizon warned me the call was potential scam, but the robo system doesn't prevent them from leaving a message.  Maybe next they will find a way to add that layer of protection

Honored Contributor

The "sheriff" has been hunting me down (going on 7 years) with an out-of-state warrant.     I could stop him for X amount of dollars, tho.

You'd think the scammers could think up a better spiel by now...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

@Kachina624 @I never answer those calls and I get at least 3 a day.