Honored Contributor

I've been buying things for years with no issues until this seller.

It hasn't stopped me from continuing to buy.

I just think these sellers get too backed up and are bad at communications.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I've had an Etsy shop for over 11 years and always respond to any questions from a customer!  I have my phone with me most of the time....it's sitting 3 feet from me right now...and have my Etsy notifications which go off with a sound if someone is sending me a message.

I realize that not everyone can do that but I understand how frustrating it is to be ignored.  Esty has gotten very strict with sellers lately.  If you have more than 2 poor reviews & open cases against your shop within a certain time frame they will issue you a warning and then suspend the shop if you don't clean up your act!

If you paid through a credit card you can try to get a refund that way or open an Etsy case against the shop.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I had the same issue with an Etsy seller.  I finally reported her because she didn't seem to be moving on making my item (custom item).

She had my money for almost 3 months when I reported it to be cancelled.

She whined in the reply that she was backed up in orders.  SO?? Then email people and let them know what's going on.  She was not responding to requests for updates and when she did she said she would start working on it the next day.

@VaBelle35   Exactly!  She should have communicated what was going on and offered for you to cancel the order fro a refund.  I don't care if you have an emergency....always try to communicate with the customer!

Regular Contributor

I wouldn't be happy either.  Recently I made my first Esty purchase and it went smoothly.  It was mailed from Oregon to FL and arrived within days.  I did read the reviews before  making the purchase (as I always do anywhere I shop online)

Honored Contributor

Many are very good about posting on their store if they are running behind or if they are not taking orders or on vacation.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I've been scammed twice this year on Etsy. It's easy to file a case through Etsy and get a refund. It's just a PITA!

I buy a lot of quilting fabric there. The last time, the shop "owner" immediately reopened under a different name. Many of us caught on and reported it. That shop was shut down immediately. 

I mostly try to order from people I've ordered from in the past, and that have a substantial list of good reviews. Sometimes, if you're looking for something that has been discontinued, that's not possible. 

I've had similar experiences on EBay. I've always gotten a refund from them also. 

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Can you leave seller reviews on Etsy?  I think they'd be quite useful - would probably weed-out bad apples like this one.

Trusted Contributor

I have ordered many things from Etsy and have had a wonderful experience. But I would definitely report this seller to Etsy, I think they will be on your side and take care of you.