Esteemed Contributor

has anyone experienced their epilator not doing a good job....even with new batteries...i use a slim epilator for my face...but lately it's not doing its job....do they wear out..can't remember how old mine is....i have read that corded epilators are better...but they are full sized....anyone use a full sized on their upper lip....thanks for any help....

Trusted Contributor

Re: Epilator Not Working Well

I'm just guessing but in time, wouldn't they need sharpening? Probably not so much the ones we buy here, you probably just replace them.

Honored Contributor

@nana59I've never bought an epilator but I can't imagine they're any different than other kinds of devices, big and small.  Some live long, long lives and some quit before their time.

Right now, I'm holding my breath that my refrigerator lives through this stay-at-home time. The battery-powered brush I use to clean grout stopped working last week - although I can use Millie power to make that thing work.  

Your epilator and my refrig are another story.

Trusted Contributor

After almost a year of my epilator that I purchased from the Q, it no longer works at all. I did replace the batteries and trust you me here, it simply does not turn on.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't which epilator you have but I have the Emjoi Epi Slim 18. It's several years old and still working. The only thing is that the directions say to hold it with the logo facing in towards you but if I follow that it does nada. I have to turn it with the logo facing out which makes it pinch a little bit but at least that way it does remove the above the lip and chin hairs. 

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Don't which epilator you have but I have the Emjoi Epi Slim 18. It's several years old and still working. The only thing is that the directions say to hold it with the logo facing in towards you but if I follow that it does nada. I have to turn it with the logo facing out which makes it pinch a little bit but at least that way it does remove the above the lip and chin hairs. 

i always use it with logo facing me according to manual....i'll try holding it the opposite way....thanks!

Respected Contributor

I have a small corded one from Emjoi, but it looks like QVC no longer sells that model.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a regular size corded one from QVC long ago.  Still works fine on my upper lip.  I do turn it both directions.  For good measure I send it down to the chin to teach it lesson too.

Honored Contributor

Try pulling the skin more taut as you are using the epilator on the area.  That makes them work best for me.  I've used epilators for ages (one of the best inventions!) and love it.

My legs grow only about 6 hairs on each leg, since I started using them so long ago on my legs.  Funny thing is, me being almost blind, I often don't see those few little hairs until they get about an inch long.  oops!  hehe

One of the ones I have is a small one that exactly fits between my eyebrows.  Smiley Happy  It's a battery-op Emjoi that I think I got on QVC some 15 years ago.   I also have a couple of regular sized ones, one battery and the other plugs in, and all of them still work great.