Respected Contributor

Re: Ending friendships - rant

Obviously, this friend has some sort of mental issue - or she doesn't value your friendship at all.  I wouldn't ever let her waste another minute of my life....ADIOS  - AND NO REGRETS !

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have lost friends over the years and am now "down"  to the very best friends whom I trust completely and love them, as they love me.  I don't want a fair-weather friend but one who will be next to me when I need help.

Friends come into our life for a day, a year, or forever.  I think once we accept that then we can let some "friends" go.  You may miss her for a while but you will get over it.  Cultivate some of your other friendships.

She didn't respect your friendship and time.

Honored Contributor

I'm leaning towards a medical issue; maybe the start of dementia. When that happens, the behavior might seem inconsiderate, but it might be confusing to her too.

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine unloading on a good friend via voicemail.  If I thought she was a good friend, a long-time friend, I would have waited to talk to her when I was able to remain calm.  Sometimes people just don't know how rude something is and a visit about it can resolve it without losing a friend (assuming you want to keep her as a friend).

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Sounds like she only made time for you when she had nothing better to do...

That's not a friend

My mother used to call those kind of friends, "fair-weather friends"....... 

Respected Contributor

absolutely not @hoosieroriginal

you were more than accommodating with this girl.  her loss is your gain.

#moveon

Respected Contributor

oh @catwhisperer  i truly understand what you're saying here, but i would like to comment.

i'm lucky because i have many friends.  they fall into categories, of course.  some are closer than others.

my point is this, i'm a very, very private person.  this has been mentioned amongst my friends and happily respected!  a couple tried though.  lol

i have never, ever in my lifetime told anyone and most importantly my two oldest and dearest friends everything.  almost everything, but not all.  no reflection on them at all.  it's just me and i know and have seen them stand by me.

i don't think you really can depend on others 100% because no one imo can live up to those expectations.  you have to accept your friends for who they are, as they will accept you.

i'm wishing you all the very best because i know you deserve it!  Heart  

Honored Contributor

No I don't think you are being harsh, I would have called her a "former friend" after the 2nd no show. I had a 20 year friendship end abruptly after she started treating me the way she treated her sisters, if you get my drift.

Respected Contributor

@ladyroxanne....thank you for your comments. You are very kind. Smiley Happy 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Part of being someones friend is accepting them as they are. They are probably doing that for you.