Respected Contributor

Re: End of Family Circle Magazine

I agree Deeva. I remember when Good Housekeeping had an excerpt from a new book each month. I also loving reading the etiquette columns. 

Honored Contributor

My mom also bought Family Circle and Woman’s Day at the grocery store. Memories of childhood.
Honored Contributor

I rarely purchased that magazine, but mine are also shrinking.  Sometimes, I prefer a magizine to a phone which is small.  I can also tear out pages and keep them.  No, I don't want penterist.

Honored Contributor

Anyone recall the nice and thick Fall/Winter Speigel Catalog?

I looked forward to receiving that catalog.

Also IKEA Catalog, which they no longer send out.

Online only, and 'it's just not the same'.........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I liked Family Circle, but did not have a subscription.  I'm sorry to hear about it coming to an end.  

I currently subscribe to Woman's Day and Good Housekeeping magazine.  I was sent a similar (end of publication notice) a while ago when Glamour magazine was no longer in print.  Now, I get Vogue as a substitute.  

I am getting weary of both WD and GH sending me the renew now and get two gift subscriptions free nonsense!  I will not do this to friends and family! Redbook kept pulling this until I sent about six or seven cancellation letters on their renewal notices.  They try desperately to get your credit card # and then they play the auto-renewal game.  I will not renew with a credit card, only an old fashioned check by mail.  

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Anyone recall the nice and thick Fall/Winter Speigel Catalog?

I looked forward to receiving that catalog.

Also IKEA Catalog, which they no longer send out.

Online only, and 'it's just not the same'.........

________

Yes, I remember Speigel and bought the majority of my wardrobe from them.  I'll never forget how excited I was when my sister and I went to a Speigel outlet store in the Chicago area on a road trip.  This was in the mid 90's.  The outlet only had junk.  For some reason, their merchadise lost the quality that I once knew and loved.  

Respected Contributor

I remember reading about this in October 2019, but I can't even find the magazine for sale anywhere since October. All of my grocery stores don't even carry it anymore. So I started looking for it again went to every grocery store and Walmart and can't find it. Dies anyone here even see it in your grocery stores? I already see it for sale on e-bay so I know it was being sold somewhere.Would be nice to get the last issueThanks for this post.

Honored Contributor

I have gotten this magazine for as long as I can remember.  I got no latter stating this --- wonder why?  In any event, I am so sad to hear about this.  Another one bites the dust.  I did receive the note in the Rachel Ray magazine about them going to newstand quarterly publication only.  My subscription is going to some other magazine I never heard of.  I know soon there will be no printed magazines or papers.  And I, for one, am very sad and unhappy about it.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Don't they realize not all people want to read things in a digital format.  But then, the consumers opinion does not count.

Honored Contributor

I like to 'circle' and 'post-it' things.  On real life pages.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).