Respected Contributor

LdyBugz--Sorry that your family is ill and you had to cancel your plans.   If everyone lives locally maybe you can reschedule and have Easter in a couple of weeks.  

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

My aunt died of Covid19 yesterday. She was 81. I will miss her.

@qvcfreak  Sorry to hear that. Had she been vaccinated and boostered?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Easter plans kaput

[ Edited ]

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:

My aunt died of Covid19 yesterday. She was 81. I will miss her.

@qvcfreak  Sorry to hear that. Had she been vaccinated and boostered?

Thank you, She was vaccinated and only the first booster 

Respected Contributor

There are an astounding number of people who do not believe in the vaccine.

Covid will be with us for many years to come.

Honored Contributor

We've never cancelled any of our family gatherings throughout this "pandemic". Deep in covid we were the only ones having Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter dinners with our growing family! We're all here alive and well to speak of it. Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

There are an astounding number of people who do not believe in the vaccine.

Covid will be with us for many years to come.

@insomniac2 COVID will never leave, you have that part correct.  It is a virus so it will continuously mutate and become less severe as we continue.  It has nothing to do with people not believing in the vaccine.  The vaccine and boosters do not prevent infection (contrary to what we were told Jan 2021).  They only reduce the need for hospitalization.  Even if 90% of people were vaccinated that would not stop COVID from spreading.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Easter plans kaput

[ Edited ]

I know of more people who have had Covid in 2022 than in 2020 and 2021 combined. My friends and family were scrupulously cautious, following all the rules. Then many people declared Covid over and done, despite reports that even fully vaccinated people can get it. Wishful declarations do not make it so. I think this airline no-mask decision will reap some ugly results in a few weeks. I have asthma and I hate wearing a mask but I do it to protect others as well as myself. It's responsible to put up with a little discomfort. I wear a bra every day and it kills my freedom to be comfortable, but on it goes anyway.