Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Twins Mom  My DD's in-laws, who live down the street from them, came over very early in the morning; and, using gloves, hid plastic eggs filled with coins and dollars around the outside of the house. When the children got up, they had a ready-made egg hunt! They were so surprised!  All the egg hunts I heard about took place inside or in the family yard. In other years, there were egg hunts at all of the local churches in the area. Not this year.

My sister and DIL do this for her grandchildren.  They put candy in some, money in others.  Only thing that can be done now that churches aren't open.  Also our Easter dinner with the family has been pushed until June bc we didn't want anyone to get sick.

Respected Contributor

I remember preparing eggs with candy and coins.  Then my kids and their cousins sat around and opened eggs and counted money.  A lovely memory.  My daughter remembers when she cried because she had fewer coins (not less money) a nd my father soothed her and gave her dollars.  So glad she remember s.