Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: EXTREME HEAT & BIRTHDAY DINNER CANCELLED

@Sooner - I know @Shanus is only about 4 hours north of me and when I tell you it is hot, no kidding, its hot. The other morning at 5:30 I got up to take my morning walk and it was 80 degrees with humidity in the high 80's.

I probably would have cancelled as well. It is just too uncomfortable to go out.

BTW @Shanus - Happy Birthday.

Respected Contributor

Have a Happy Birthday and Birthweek, @Shanus !!  I hate the heat as well!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

You had the right idea to postpone your celebration dinner, @Shanus. This heat is brutal. You will all enjoy yourselves more when this 'wave' passes- soon hopefully. 

3467E448-8531-4C35-860D-B591FEB6DEDF.gif

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@Sooner - I know @Shanus is only about 4 hours north of me and when I tell you it is hot, no kidding, its hot. The other morning at 5:30 I got up to take my morning walk and it was 80 degrees with humidity in the high 80's.

I probably would have cancelled as well. It is just too uncomfortable to go out.

@riley1  I don't doubt it's hot.  But heat like that is just a typical summer for Oklahoma, so maybe that's why I think like that!  LOL!!!!!  Anything below 100 is tolerable to us.   And 80 is "it's nice out now".  Honest!   But that's just where we live. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

@riley1  I don't doubt it's hot.  But heat like that is just a typical summer for Oklahoma, so maybe that's why I think like that!  LOL!!!!!  Anything below 100 is tolerable to us.   And 80 is "it's nice out now".  Honest!   But that's just where we live. 

It really is any day for sure in July and especially August in Ok. and Tx. Only way to get past it is to go through it.  Still thinking and dreaming of deep fall, around Halloween time.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Image result for animated cake .  71

Respected Contributor

Friends that scheduled a bbq tomorrow are not cancelling. Was hoping they might reschedule. I wont be going to the extreme heat and humidity.

Respected Contributor

Have a very happy birthday!! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

Happy Birthday!  May your next voyage around the sun be more spectacular than the last with fewer speed bumps and detours.

Remember that you are supposed to celebrate for 30 days. Each day you need to do something special for you. In this heat it may be take an ice cold shower , run through a sprinkler or eat lots of ice cream!

doxie

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus Happy Birthaday!!! Good things are worth waiting for.  Enjoy the lobstah next week!  

~LdyBugz