Esteemed Contributor

I admit I love coffee, however for that amount of money, I want it made, a cup brought to me in bed, and the cup washed afterward.  Oh, and put away too.

Honored Contributor

This why they try to push that Q Card down our throats.  You won't find any $500 hair dryers or $700 coffee makers in my house.  

Esteemed Contributor

To each their own.  For those that choose to buy, enjoy!  Your money, your choice.  Now if you're talking handbags, that's a whole other ballgame.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, that $700 coffeemaker?

I'm pretty sure I have at least one in my imaginary 'gift closet'. 

Honored Contributor

i was looking through my latest sur la table and william sonoma catalogs today.

i saw quite a few expensive hot beverage machines. someone is definitely buying them.

there was one that was $2100+.

honestly, if i had the counterspace i might consider it. i do like coffee and i do enjoy my expensive starbucks coffee sometimes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

If anyone thought $500 was a lot for a Dyson hair dryer, I caught the end of a morning show w/ a coffee maker for $719.95 (aka $720.).

Don't fret if interested. It's on 6 easy pays and free shipping. Maybe purchase 2. One for yourself and another for a friend. 

@Shanus  Does it come with a handsome butler?  Asking for a friend.  Giggles.  Oh la la, that coffee maker sounds lovely to me, but I'll stick with my trusty French press.

@Misplaced Parisian   They'd have to include a butler and Olivier Martinez plus a few other "perks" (lol). 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Shanus . I saw that too......Really? That is crazy, although I have seen in Williams and Sonoma coffee and espresso makers for over 1,000.00....... 

@CANDLEQUEEN   They can stay at the store. Can you imagine how many trips to Starbucks for my lattes it would take to equal that amount of money ?

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

It is expensive, but it's also not just a coffee maker. It's a De'Longhi Dinamica coffee and espresso maker that also makes iced coffee and steams milk. De'Longhi is known for high-quality machines and nothing they make is cheap. They sell the same machine for $899 on their own site.

That's no Keurig, that's a luxe machine for people who really, really love coffee.

@Alison Wonderland   I really love my coffee. I do understand there's a difference between a Honda and a Porsche, too, but really? My coffee maker can be set to "strong" & I have a separate milk frother for a cappuccino. Those that want this, the obvious best money can buy, be my guest. It won't be on my counter. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i was looking through my latest sur la table and william sonoma catalogs today.

i saw quite a few expensive hot beverage machines. someone is definitely buying them.

there was one that was $2100+.

honestly, if i had the counterspace i might consider it. i do like coffee and i do enjoy my expensive starbucks coffee sometimes.

@sunshine45   I only drink one or two cups of coffee in the morning. If I'm out for the day & missed that second cup, I may stop at Starbucks for a latte or cappuccino for a treat. It's not an every day thing. 

I don't mind spending money on other things I feel are worth it to me...that I'd enjoy forever. 

Honored Contributor

Reever posted about this yesterday and has I think 40 or so replies.