Honored Contributor

Re: EX HUSBAND WANTS TO RECONCILE

The scumbag is probably just tired of paying for his dates............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

has he dumped the current GF? If he has not then I would not believe a word he says. Tell him that you can't wait to get back together and you will start moving your things in next week. see what his reaction is.
Respected Contributor

What will be different?

Trusted Contributor

If he did it once he will do it again. If he truly loved you he never would have cheated on you. He is not worthy of you. You deserve more.
Honored Contributor

I watched my mother take my cheating father back time and time again, a tiger cannot change his stripes. My mother had very low self esteem, I hope you don't, save yourself a lot of grief and don't take him back.

Valued Contributor

I am not giving my personal opinion since I am not a professional on this subject.  Abusive behavior is the area I work in but even with my education, I can't guide anyone on a forum other than my personal beliefs.

I do suggest you attend the same therapist.  The therapist will see you individually and together.   If you do not have insurance it may be costly ( a few hundred dollars if you look around) but be sure you find a therapist you both feel at ease with. The money loss will pay off in the end.  Give up a coke a day or something not needed.

1. There are men who were unfaithful and never strayed again in 60 year marriages.(known of 2 personally) .  Some people learn from mistakes.

2.  Always remember there are two sides to every relationship that ends.  Rarely is only one person to blame.  (Sorry don't mean this to insult you in the least). What is irritating to one person can seem  ridiculous to another as a reason to get irritated but it is the nature of humans. 

Good Luck and good wishes coming your way.

Respected Contributor

Hi qvc chick, I don't know your story, still new to this posting stuff but since you are asking for advise, Don't Do It ! Run like H ! I have been there, done that,  finally figured it out and I am not going back again ( I am a repeat offender, went back several times)   It's final,  woke up one day ( I mean really woke up) and I am much happier now.  Good Luck to You

Regular Contributor

Sounds like a great idea........not.

If you even entertain the idea of going back to this cheating ex, I wonder how long it will be before you're back on here, asking for advice when he cheats on you again....

And he will.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@morning glory wrote:

Dump the guy and move on. Any man who cheated on me I would be done with. That in my opinion is unforgivable.

ITA.

And that's a total deal-breaker for me.

If it was the case, it's the emotional  betrayal that's the worst.

I could neverfully trust that person again.

Forgiving is actually crucial to emotional health and moving on, but I would never ever forget.

Good Luck

Respected Contributor

He wants to leave his latest love and have someone waiting in the wings.

BINGO!  I think morning glory nailed this one!!!