Super Contributor

EX HUSBAND WANTS TO RECONCILE

Many of you know the background here....ex husband has new girlfriend, went to my daughters graduation dinner with her...she was not the least bit friendly, however I did try to be nice to her.

Two months later - my ex has told me he does not love this woman, and still and always had strong feelings for me, and he is very conflicted.  He has been going to therapy, which I think is a good first move. 

I DO still have feelings for him, but I don't know about getting back with him.

Valued Contributor

Re: EX HUSBAND WANTS TO RECONCILE

Dump the guy and move on. Any man who cheated on me I would be done with. That in my opinion is unforgivable.

Valued Contributor

Sounds like he wants his cake & to eat it too.

Valued Contributor

He wants to leave his latest love and have someone waiting in the wings.

Honored Contributor

Ask yourself this question "Is life better or worse without him?"

It's okay to forgive him, but take it easy if you decide to try to work things out.  Don't move in together and don't be intimate.  After a few months, ask yourself the same question.

Only you can decide what is best for you. 

Super Contributor

My heart goes out to you.  It was probably the last thing you expected him to say.  

While he goes through therapy, maybe you should keep the door ajar, since you still do have feelings for him.  I would not make any decisions till I went to therapy with him & his therapist.  And maybe you can go to your own counselor to sort out your feelings.

No one says you have to marry the man again, but maybe in the end a good friendship-relationship would be best.  Only you can figure that out in time.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

Be very very very very careful.  If I remember right he has done this to you even before this woman.  Now he is doing to this woman what he did with you.  His love seems very fickle to me.     

Honored Contributor

Hard to know if he wants YOU back or the familiar life he left behind. Maybe he had to work too hard for the new girlfriend and didn't want to work at it. He might just think it's easy to go back to you and pick up where you left off. I wouldn't recommend that because he'll just take you for granted again.

If you do decide to get back together with him, make him do the work and make him date you. You're no longer the people you were when you first started dating. Get to know the new him and he needs to get to know the new you. Maybe you'll like each other - maybe you won't. You might need to get an extra table for all the baggage you bring along, but it's better than letting him bring that baggage back into your home.

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Be very very very very careful.  If I remember right he has done this to you even before this woman.  Now he is doing to this woman what he did with you.  His love seems very fickle to me.     

Well...I was going to say that you should give him another chance...but if has done this before....my answer is no.

If he REALLY loved you, he wouldn't be looking for love elsewhere. He would only be concentrating on making YOU happy and not have time for anything else....

Honored Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

Many of you know the background here....ex husband has new girlfriend, went to my daughters graduation dinner with her...she was not the least bit friendly, however I did try to be nice to her.

Two months later - my ex has told me he does not love this woman, and still and always had strong feelings for me, and he is very conflicted.  He has been going to therapy, which I think is a good first move. 

I DO still have feelings for him, but I don't know about getting back with him.

Strong feelings are not the same as love and respect.

Based on your previous posts about this guy....RUN. (and do not look back)