Honored Contributor

Re: EVERYONE LOOKS SIX FEET TALL

@x Hedge wrote:

@hckynut 

That's the "view mode" on my old remote, and Shanus says she doesn't have those options.

Hello @x Hedge 

What I said had little to do with the remote, even though it actually can. My main suggestion has to do with the "Settings" option on the TV set. 

I have owned many TV sets and none on the ones I have owned, since the late 1990's, did not come without a "settings" option. Color/brightness/contrast and so on. All mine I can access with the TV controls, but can also assign them to a specific button on the remote control.

This has nothing to do with what company one is using to purchase their choices of viewing, but more about options in the TV settings itself.

I looked up QVC2 with our Dish network, and it is not broadcast in HD. It also must be produced in High Definition(HD), because it comes through on out TV set in the 4:3 resolution, which I described in my other post.

Thus the figures on there are condensed from 16:9 to a 4:3 resolution. Tall and skinny. Can I adjust it with the settings on our TV I listed in my other post? Yes, just as I mentioned about watching Westerns produced in HD but shown on Dish Network in SD.

No button that says setting maybe, but I have yet to see any TV set, in the years mentioned, that did not have a way in settings to control color and all the other options I mentioned above. Sometimes an owners manual is not easy to dissect, but if one wants to find certain features, at times it takes a whole lot of looking and trying, to find them.

Just trying to help here, not confuse anyone about the differences in options available to help make viewing a better experience.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

@Shanus - We have Direct and Q2 and Q3 have never been broadcast in HD, only QVC is in HD.

They look the same as always.  Stretched out and the hosts look heavier/shorter than in HD.  What provider do you have that had Q2 in HD?

@WORKING GAL   We have Spectrum. Q2 was always in HD until a few weeks ago. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

. . .

This has nothing to do with what company one is using to purchase their choices of viewing, but more about options in the TV settings itself.

. . .

Yes!  Exactly @hckynut .

My View Mode button let me flip quickly through

Normal

Stretch

Partial Zoom

Zoom

Letterbox

to choose the best viewing option.

In my first reply to Shanus I also referred to the adjustment possibly being found under Menu on her remote.

But whether she finds it under display, view mode, optionsmenu, settings, or some other word, the adjustment would be in her TV/remote. It's not about the dish/cable carrier.

She says she has no such setting feature, so perhaps her TV is even older than mine.

Honored Contributor

My QVC2 has never been in HD.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I noticed that too. I also have Spectrum.