Trusted Contributor

*EASY* Get Rid of ONE THING Everyday! Easy & Motivating. 1Thing Leads to Another...

A few years ago I did the simplifying, clean out, clear out "MINS GAME" in which whatever date it was on the monthly calendar was the exact number of things that I gave away or threw away that day. (Ex: 1 thing on the first of the month, 2 things on the second...31 things on the 31ST!!)

Much that I had been holding on to got the boot! But now I'm taking it a lot easier:

Using the **TECHNIQUE OF GETTING RID OF ONE THING EACH DAY** as the goal.

I enjoy that once I find ONE thing, I often find FOUR things to say GOOD-BYE TO!

This is the easiest technique I have found to STICK WITH simplifying!

What techniques have you found?

Best wishes to you!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: *EASY* Get Rid of ONE THING Everyday! Easy & Motivating. 1Thing Leads to Another...

I love this idea!!!! ..... I am going to start off with one thing a day .... THANKS!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: *EASY* Get Rid of ONE THING Everyday! Easy & Motivating. 1Thing Leads to Another...

I've done that over lent (not Catholic but still worked).  Even if it's throwing away an eyeshadow palette or unused lotion. Clothes, shoes etc go to Goodwill.

Also I justify buying 3 clothing items by donating 3. It's a mind game, but good practice.

Valued Contributor

@Solar Is My Name -- LOVE this idea.  Thank you for posting.  I'm gonna do it!!!  I really needed that motivation!!!

Esteemed Contributor

That is a great idea! I just went thru some things in my closet today. I don't really have any techniques, I just look at what I have not worn or used in several months to a year and donate it. I need to go thru the whole house. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love this idea! I am starting today one thing each day! Every journey begins with a single step.

It is overwhelming to purge. This idea makes it easy 

Thank you @Solar Is My Name 

Honored Contributor

If I haven't worn and/or used it in a year,  getout.gifit goes.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

A few years ago I did the simplifying, clean out, clear out "MINS GAME" in which whatever date it was on the monthly calendar was the exact number of things that I gave away or threw away that day. (Ex: 1 thing on the first of the month, 2 things on the second...31 things on the 31ST!!)

Much that I had been holding on to got the boot! But now I'm taking it a lot easier:

Using the **TECHNIQUE OF GETTING RID OF ONE THING EACH DAY** as the goal.

I enjoy that once I find ONE thing, I often find FOUR things to say GOOD-BYE TO!

This is the easiest technique I have found to STICK WITH simplifying!

What techniques have you found?

Best wishes to you!

@Solar Is My Name - This a great idea. How easy is it to just throw away one thing?  I also try to put a dollar bill in an envelope every day and at the end of the year have a little nest egg.💗

Respected Contributor

@Solar Is My Name  I agree with others - this is a wonderful idea!!!  I'm going to do it!  THANK YOU!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

@Solar Is My Name   What a great idea.  I am currently working hard at a major purge.  My husband and I are getting older, my husband more feeble each day. 

I am trying my best to purge something each day.  It's hard, we've been in our home for over 30 years and when we moved here, I had packed both of my girls toys into trunks.  I'm now having to decide what to do with trunks of toys that are 40 years old! 

Clothes I have no problem with,  I need very few things now days, but the items I've held on to and used all these years, well, there's the rub.