Honored Contributor

Dropped shoulders or right on the shoulder - what's your opinion? I really dislike dropped shoulder seams because most times I can feel the seams on my arms and they're annoying. Seems like everybody is doing dropped nowadays.

Respected Contributor

I like the dropped shoulder look and think that it looks good on me.  I guess it depends on our body shape.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dropped Shoulders

[ Edited ]

I don't care for the look as it looks like you've either intoxicated or your clothes have been pulled off you .

Both Jen Coffey & Kirsten had the drop shoulder on to demonstrate  body products , guess exposing one's arm was not enough  exposed skin.

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 That was so funny!  "intoxicated".   I am not a fan of drop shoulders and I still have pretty shoulders, I think.......anyway it's a style I never liked as I would feel as though I was in a straight jacket!  

Honored Contributor

Yeah, don't like the look, don't like the feel of the seams. When did designers think this look was something to pursue? Been around for a few years and now they're everywhere. It's a look that I think just makes the shirt, blouse, sweater look really sloppy.

Respected Contributor

I don't mind dropped shoulder seams as a fashion look, just not on me.  I have narrow shoulders and this makes them look even narrower.  

Seams right at the shoulders work best, add a few pleats or shirring at the top of the sleeve cap and I am very happy.  Keep it subtle though....

Respected Contributor

I like and wear both.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I like dropped shoulders sometimes...if not too dropped. I have quite broud shoulders and it seems to define them less.

Don't remember what it's called but when the arm holes hang down almost to the waist and leaves a lot of fabric...those are a NO. I get lost in all that.

Respected Contributor

I like dropped shoulders because my shoulders are broad and the dropped shoulders helps diminish their size.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dropped Shoulders

[ Edited ]

Right on the shoulders fit me better. Dropped shoulders make it seem as if the outfit is two sizes too big for me.