Honored Contributor

Those camaras are incredible.... pictures show up on a special app and you're  notified and can see it on your smart phone.  Our youngest son (computer guy) bought this system for his older brother (Motorycle guy) for the front of his Shop and it's very impressive!    

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom  Is it possible that some person or animal fell into your cactus or brushed by it and was hurt by it?  

Honored Contributor

For those upthread who don’t understand why the OP called the police,

y’all might want to rethink.   That’s how patterns arise & situations 

get solved...your call gives the Police information they need.

Especially since the OP lives in a organized community, 

when you call, you’re really calling for everyone. 

Issues might seem nonsensical to you/me, but that’s what Police do.

Call!

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

For those upthread who don’t understand why the OP called the police,

y’all might want to rethink.   That’s how patterns arise & situations 

get solved...your call gives the Police information they need.

Especially since the OP lives in a organized community, 

when you call, you’re really calling for everyone. 

Issues might seem nonsensical to you/me, but that’s what Police do.

Call!

thank you!

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Jackhound Mom  Is it possible that some person or animal fell into your cactus or brushed by it and was hurt by it?  

Good thought but the cactus is up by the edge of my house by a down spout.  Normally I don't water it but we have had 80 some days of no rain Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

In my neighborhood police want calls about anything odd, no matter how trivial it might seem. They told me that personally.

Respected Contributor

Re: Driveway Danger!

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@Glitter51 wrote:

I can’t believe you called the police for that, and I can’t believe someone actually came out!!!

Its not paranoia, its being observant of your surroundings.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Thanks for the posts & sorry some of you have had other problems too.  We did order 2 different cameras from Q but they were brand new and by the time they arrived and we had read the reviews we decided not to keep them.

We will purchase the "wildlife" cameras that some of our neighbors have that just are motion activated and take pictures only. 

What some of you may not understand is that our whole drive way (if you can call it that) is no bigger than a parking space turned sideways.  So if you back out a few feet you are in the road.  It was clear that it was placed there so our back passenger tire would hit it!  I put a 2 step stool over it so my neighbor's dogs (one is blind) would not step on it. The officer's first question was, "do you have any enemys here?"  If one of us had stepped on it, it would have went through the shoe.

I believe the skepticism is based on the assumption that the screw was purposely placed there to damage your tire.  It could have been picked up in your tire and not punctures it and fell there, could have been on a truck driving by and fell off, dozens of possibilities.  The fact that a police officer came out and indicated that you have enemies is a leap. However if you are more comfortable with survalience cameras, I hope they give you the piece of mind you are looking for.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

I'm glad she did call the police...it was put there for a reason.  At least she has proof that it was not an accident.  Happy no one was hurt.  Outside cameras are in order.  Can't be too cautious today.  

Honored Contributor

As has been pointed out, a screw that was purposely sanded or filed down in order to stay point side up, and found in a homeowners driveway, was indeed done with deliberate intentions.