Honored Contributor

Dr Travis From The Doctors Loses Nala After Twenty Years!

http://www.viralnova.com/tribute-for-nala/?mb=aol

I feel so sorry for anyone who has lost a fur baby.  

Bless Nala's heart!

Respected Contributor

Re: Dr Travis From The Doctors Loses Nala After Twenty Years!

RIP Nala.  Heart

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

So sorry for his loss, but he was so lucky to have his dog for so long.  As a dog (and cat) Mom I know how close the bond is.   Heart

Honored Contributor

Image result for loss of pet images forever would not be long enough

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG Are you sure Nala has passed? This tribute was done for Dr. Stork a couple of months ago and she was still alive. I couldn't find anything else about her passing. Just asking, I know he said she was getting worse.

Super Contributor

So very sorry for his loss, 20 years may seem like a long time but when you have that type of bond it truly isn't.  Not a day goes by when I don't think of all of my fur babies who have passed on. The last couple were particularly hard on me...I waited a few years before getting another toy poodle...this little girl is always into something..fearless...loves playing chase with my niece's twenty pound cat...no match...she runs circles around the cat..jumps over him..but my heart still has a giant hole left in it by the others who have gone on.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG I apologize. I just found a report on msn that she passed a couple of days after the episode aired.

Honored Contributor

I don't have "fur baby" but I do have a dog.  That is a long life for a large dog.  He was very fortunate.  

Honored Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

So very sorry for his loss, 20 years may seem like a long time but when you have that type of bond it truly isn't.  Not a day goes by when I don't think of all of my fur babies who have passed on. The last couple were particularly hard on me...I waited a few years before getting another toy poodle...this little girl is always into something..fearless...loves playing chase with my niece's twenty pound cat...no match...she runs circles around the cat..jumps over him..but my heart still has a giant hole left in it by the others who have gone on.

@gracie2014,I know.  Twenty years is shocking.  I so wish we could keep our dog that long.  The vet said we have extended his life unbelieveably because we take such good care of him.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

Quite a moving video, especially for all animal lovers. I watched that show the first year or more then I kinda got away from it. I always liked Travis, and remember him talking about his dog lovingly. You could see both the pain and the joy in his eyes after watching the video.

Everyone that has lost a long time furry family member knows the hole it leaves in their hearts. While these types of stories are sad, I also look at them as a human giving a furry one a 2nd chance at life, and the rewards they both got from each other.

Thank you for the link,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)