Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,841
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Dr Becky Gillaspy Menopause, Hormones, Belly Gain And Starch

[ Edited ]

This is an excellent discussion giving insight into the Menopause Merry Go Round!

 

How do you control starch intake? 

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udieK3hsdm0

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,713
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Dr Becky Gillaspy Menopause, Hormones, Belly Gain And Starch

Ugh. I give up!  Never had a flat belly to begin with. I eat in moderation and keep no sweets in my house. I got an Apple Watch and make sure I close all three rings daily. This is all I got in me to do at this age. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,084
Registered: ‎04-14-2013

Re: Dr Becky Gillaspy Menopause, Hormones, Belly Gain And Starch

Very good video.  Easy to watch and understand.

 

I generally don't eat bread, rice, or potatoes.  My weakness, though, is Snyders pretzels, and I like to snack on shredded wheat.

 

I eat lots of veggies every day, some fruit.  Even at my thinnest, I have a belly, though.  It has become easier to gain there post-menopause, but I heard some good advice years ago:  worry more about how you look in clothes than naked.

 

 It goes without saying, though I will say it, that good health is paramount, and I seem to be alright, according to my last exam.

 

 

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,841
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: Dr Becky Gillaspy Menopause, Hormones, Belly Gain And Starch


@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Very good video.  Easy to watch and understand.

 

I generally don't eat bread, rice, or potatoes.  My weakness, though, is Snyders pretzels, and I like to snack on shredded wheat.

 

I eat lots of veggies every day, some fruit.  Even at my thinnest, I have a belly, though.  It has become easier to gain there post-menopause, but I heard some good advice years ago:  worry more about how you look in clothes than naked.

 

 It goes without saying, though I will say it, that good health is paramount, and I seem to be alright, according to my last exam.

 

 


@Sweetbay magnolia Snacking on shredded wheat is SO durn smart!!!

Thanks for the tip!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,656
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Dr Becky Gillaspy Menopause, Hormones, Belly Gain And Starch

Good information but the older I get the less I like vegetables and according to most nutritionists vegetables are the be all end all.  It's tough to eat food when you hate the taste.  In January, I eliminated all pasta, bread for the most part, and I keep no sweets in the house.  I have lost 18 pounds and for the past month have been stuck in a rut.  I walk 2 miles a day and stay active.  My husband and I eat out once a week and I try to pick healthy items on the menu.  Of course, he doesn't have the problem.  He can eat most anything and never gains. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,656
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Dr Becky Gillaspy Menopause, Hormones, Belly Gain And Starch


@ECBG wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Very good video.  Easy to watch and understand.

 

I generally don't eat bread, rice, or potatoes.  My weakness, though, is Snyders pretzels, and I like to snack on shredded wheat.

 

I eat lots of veggies every day, some fruit.  Even at my thinnest, I have a belly, though.  It has become easier to gain there post-menopause, but I heard some good advice years ago:  worry more about how you look in clothes than naked.

 

 It goes without saying, though I will say it, that good health is paramount, and I seem to be alright, according to my last exam.

 

 


@Sweetbay magnolia Snacking on shredded wheat is SO durn smart!!!

Thanks for the tip!


I love those little mini shredded wheats!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,578
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Dr Becky Gillaspy Menopause, Hormones, Belly Gain And Starch

Thank You for the video. I try and not eat after dinner but I do fall off the wagon (way too often) and boy do I feel the difference the next morning. 

They key for me is to eat what I like. If I am eating food I dislike I get frustrated. 

Years ago (in the 60's and 70's) my Mom and Dad would go on diets together to shed about 10 pounds. They called it the B&B Diet..my Mom would cut out all bread and butter and my Dad would cut out all bread and beer. They basically cut out everything made from flour. I always worked for them.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,179
Registered: ‎09-18-2010

Re: Dr Becky Gillaspy Menopause, Hormones, Belly Gain And Starch

I'd never heard of her, but I watched that video and she does make sense. I subscribed to her channel. Thanks, @ECBG . Maybe there is some hope for me, lol.

 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,374
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Dr Becky Gillaspy Menopause, Hormones, Belly Gain And Starch


@KentuckyWoman wrote:

Good information but the older I get the less I like vegetables and according to most nutritionists vegetables are the be all end all.  It's tough to eat food when you hate the taste.  In January, I eliminated all pasta, bread for the most part, and I keep no sweets in the house.  I have lost 18 pounds and for the past month have been stuck in a rut.  I walk 2 miles a day and stay active.  My husband and I eat out once a week and I try to pick healthy items on the menu.  Of course, he doesn't have the problem.  He can eat most anything and never gains. 


Don't you just resent people like that?   My sister is that way, no matter what or how much she eats, doesn't gain a pound. Woman Frustrated

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam