Valued Contributor

I had recently returned 3 items to Kohls.With all the coupons,rewards and Kohls cash,I didn't realize what the refund amount would be.I got my bill a few weeks later and checked my receipt.The cashier had only returned 2 items.My fault for not looking.I went in the store and explained it to the cashier.They looked back at the date and could see all 3 of my items re-entered back into inventory so I got my refund on the spot.Thank God for modern technology.I thought for sure they wouldn't believe me. 

Trusted Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

The Walmart in- store returns system really is awful I,ordered something online (a blanket) was charged for one blanket, but I received two.  I called their order center, was thanked for my honesty, and asked to return the second blanket to the store. Would you believe that because I wanted no money back, the person at returns accused me of "Lifting" the item and having remorse? I was asked to step aside while security was called. The whole situation took about 30 minutes to resolve. I vowed never to return. The manager took the side of the cashier. I will donate any future mistakes from any place.

Yup!  I was in a similar position a year or two ago.  I bought two items and was only charged for one.  I didn't realize it until I decided to return them.  After giving it a lot of thought, I decided to return one and toss the other one away.  I could just envision a lot of difficulty by doing it any other way.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"