Honored Contributor

Feels incredible, Clearing out unneeded clothes. The clothes are modern and well cared for and donated to my local women's shelter. Volunteer, as well. 

Respected Contributor

Women's Shleter. Great idea. Thanks. 

Esteemed Contributor

It is a nice feeling to know you can help those in need.  I donate to places that give the clothing to the needy instead of charging for it. Every Fall one of the local churches starts a "coat closet".  Coats, jackets, sweaters, gloves, scarves, hats, socks, and boots are always needed.  The local cleaners donates their services for items and someone can get clean, warm clothing with no questions asked.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity   I agree, there's no better feeling than clearing out unneeded or unwanted items, especially when you know someone else can benefit from them.  The worst part of it is gathering and bagging all the stuff and hauling it outside for a pickup.  Once it's gone, I feel so much lighter!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I never heard anyone say that before.  

Honored Contributor

@2blonde 

George Carlin's "Stuff" video is available on YouTube. Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

It is a good feeling that maybe someone else can enjoy it. Also not only clothes but kitchen items too. My DD goes to Goodwill to buy clothes & other items. She comes home with designer brands (hardly worn) and nice things for the house. She thinks "outside the box" got black picture frames & takes pictures of things that interest her, goes on line to blow up the picture & frames it. 

Esteemed Contributor

It is a good feeling. Good on ya for getting organized and sharing your abundance. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I like the fact that the used clothing and household items are being recycled and not thrown into the garbage. Polyester takes forever to break down, so make sure you recycle your polyester clothing. 

Respected Contributor

Funny story. I donate to Goodwill on a regular basis. Was out to lunch with a friend who had a shirt on like I had. I told her I had that shirt and donated it to Goodwill and yes, that is where she bought it.