Esteemed Contributor

Re: Don’t you just miss them

@septemberwrote:

Some of them have posted recently..their names were already mentioned

a “friend”of plaid pants said she had been banned but is doing well.  

I thought I just saw her today or yesterday.............?

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillowwrote:

@septemberwrote:

Some of them have posted recently..their names were already mentioned

a “friend”of plaid pants said she had been banned but is doing well.  

I thought I just saw her today or yesterday.............?

I don’t think so...just did a search of her nic, and found three different variations of it...the last one used was several months ago.

sometimes, people bump up old posts, where past posters names appear. 

Respected Contributor

@KitTkatwrote:

@dex

I was noticing this, too. I took a few days off the boards to just kind of relax and take a breather, and immediately noticed yesterday when I searched the boards that it seemed more quiet than normal and that several names were "missing". I hope all is well. ❤🌹

Becca Lou Wrote : Maybe because of all these storms, and power outages !The world is in termoil right now !!

Valued Contributor

Is it possible that It's because it's tax season?  My nail gal says every year at this time the shop slows down dramatically and then business starts ramping back up after April 15. I didn give it much thought until I went to my usually uber busy Starbucks -- cricket, cricket ...  my barista said it's tax season, people cut back every year. Business will get back to normal after the 15th.  Hmmmm

Honored Contributor

I don't miss any particular poster but I have noticed that not many people are posting and the board has turned into a complaint board and QVC hater board.  It's all complaints and grumbling about prices and "rememer when" and "when" is 40 years ago.  I think it's because as time goes by the average age on the board goes up and up and up.  And the moderators don't allow any conversation that actually means anything.  It's no surprise that posters get mind numbingly bored with this board and drift away.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree After all of the complaints about mean and rude people the mods cleaned up a little too well...left little to chat about for sure.I wonder where those posters went to chat.I would like to join in once and awhile.

Honored Contributor

@dexwrote:

@chrystaltree After all of the complaints about mean and rude people the mods cleaned up a little too well...left little to chat about for sure.I wonder where those posters went to chat.I would like to join in once and awhile.

There are thousands of chat boards for every and any interest.  There's also Facebook.  I'm in several groups on FB, I joined a group that discusses archeology a couple of weeks ago.  I belong to group that discusses current events (which cannot do here).  This type of board is old fashioned and limited and I think dying a natural death.  But there are so many other ways of reaching out and conversing with people.  You aren't going to find QVC posters  who have dropped out and moved on.  Although there are QVCer's on FB.  They are closed groups but you can find one, I'm sure.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 You're right, I do post almost every day.  The computer is in the TV room where I sit so I plop down to it. 

I live alone with 2 cats so everything (unfortunately) stays where I put it...(not always good when you're a slob like me).

Anyway, I don't post as much as I used to because I think I'm becoming a bore (I bore myself sometimes).  

When I feel like there are the same people who constantly see something negative it's like a 're-check' to me and I back off from here for awhile.

At my age I just avoid negativity whenever possible (i.e. little news, etc).  I try to do what I can to make changes and let my 'voice' be heard in my community, but sometimes .....well...it's best to back off.  I'm here a lot more on the weekends.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66@Don’t stop posting unless you make that decision and not because someone else made you think you should.Plenty of us miss you when you don’t post.

i don’t think I have ever seen a picture of your cats.I have never been a cat person until a stray cat asked me for help and now I just love that cat.I walk 3 miles every night to feed and bring water.It has taken three years for the cat to allow me close enough to pet and scratch her.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

"I don't miss any particular poster"

EDITED

I think you underestimate why many visit certain forums on this Bulletin Board, myself for sure.

An "Honored Contributor" with close to 13,000 posts, and do not miss any particular poster!  Seems a bit strange to me, but I seem strange, and worse to others.

There are many I miss, some because their days on earth ended, and others for various reasons. And there are several here today I would miss if they discontinued posting.

To each be their own,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)