Esteemed Contributor

Re: Don't fall for this email!

@Susan345 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rms1954   They must get responses or they wouldn't continue doing it.  Lots of suckers out there.

This is true but there are some who are ridiculously over cautious

Not to long ago I sent a gift thru Amazon.  When the person got the package instead of opening it she called Amazon and made a fuss about her account being hacked and was not going to pay for whatever it was.

They checked her account and told her to keep or dispose of the item at their own discretion .  (Note the rep should have suggested it might be a gift)

It was not until much later after opening the box and giving the item away my gift note was found.  I was shocked and ****** off when she called to apologise.  

Duh....I have never heard of hacking a person's account, sending something them and waiting for delivery to steal the box.    But who knows this may be the next rip off plan.

@Susan345  this happened to a Poster here. That was funny. It could have been an egg cooker that her brother or brother in law sent her. She said she got rid of it and only found out who sent it after she was asked if she like it. Of course she said yes and I think she bought one from Amazon to replace it.

Honored Contributor

There are thousands of bogus emails like that.  They do it to get us to click on links.  Sometimes it's to allow access into our computers, Sometimes it's to get us to buy something or make a payment something we never did buy.  I fell for the "someone purchased $1200 on your Anazon charge card".  The email pretended to come from Amazon.  I panicked but I didn't call the number given, I went to Amazon.com  and had a customer service rep call me.  She explained that it was a scam and they see it thousands of times a month.  We all have to be diligent and stop and think before we open any email.  

Honored Contributor

@Susan345 wrote:

I get things like that all the time.  Yesterday it was my renewal of Norton Security  which I don't have.  Have also gotten them from Amazon and PayPal confirming or checking on my order.  You wouldn't believe how many Ipads I have bought.

In the past I would forward them to the appropriate company to report a spoof.  But I still got the same e-mails a number of times with the same addresses and buyer info.  So I guess they did not or cannot do much to stop the jerks.

These days I just laugh, flag it as spam and hit delete. 

The companies are powerless to stop these scams.  Government agencies are equally as powerless.  I just laugh....delete and move on too.

Super Contributor

I got one today from Billiing department that would charge my acct $$$$. I had to laugh because they spelled billing wrong -I really wanted to respond and say you better learn to SPELL .! ! I didn’t!